DAT in 2 weeks. Need advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As im getting closer to test day (6/11), i'm having serious doubts. I've been studying for about two weeks now and have done a once over on the sciences. Ive done 3 achiever exams and have gotten a 16TS and 17AA for all of them. I just finished my third today. I have 4 more achiever exams, and I want to take the 2007 ADA exam as well so 5 more total practice tests. I do have the destroyer and i plan to finish it by the end of this week, leaving the last week for 3 more practice exams and review of my notes/destroyer. However, my low achiever scores, sciences especially, are worrying me. What do you guys think? should i delay my exam? nerves are getting to me haha, anyone thats successfully taken the DAT have any words of wisdom for these last two weeks?

Achiever Scores: 1,2,3
PA: 15-18-17
Bio: 15-15-15
GChem: 16-16-18
OChem: 17-17-15
RC: 17-18-17
QR 19-19-20

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're good to go! If you weren't hitting the magic number of 16 on Achiever, then I might say you should delay your exam date. Good luck!

I havent taken the exam yet but from what i have heard a 16, 17AA on Achiever means a 20+ on the real thing. I think you will be fine and I also read on a couple of threads that as u progress on the Achiever tests they get harder but ur scores have not dropped so I think u r actually doing quite good. I have 3 Achiever test and I took 1 so far, I got a 16 AA on it. It brought my confidence down a lot but since everyone said just use Achiever to practice the timing and to get a feel of the real deal.

Hope that helps.

i thought scoring 18/19's on achiever corresponded to a 20+, i didnt know the margin was that large.. thanks for your responses though. any ideas on the most effective ways to spend these last two weeks? achiever is taking a toll on my confidence lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, just keep working through as many Achievers or Topscore practice exams as you can. Try to review your weaknesses too! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!

Achiever is always going to rape you, don't let it get you down. At the same time, make sure you're learning from the questions you got wrong (or guessed right). The point of practice tests is to find your weak spots so you can focus your study on that, but you're probably already doing that so you'll be fine.

And if Achiever 1-3 is making you depressed, don't touch 4-5 because they're worse and not necessarily in a helpful way.

Achiever is always going to rape you, don't let it get you down. At the same time, make sure you're learning from the questions you got wrong (or guessed right). The point of practice tests is to find your weak spots so you can focus your study on that, but you're probably already doing that so you'll be fine.

And if Achiever 1-3 is making you depressed, don't touch 4-5 because they're worse and not necessarily in a helpful way.
Agh. I just finished the 4th, and i thought the gchem and qr was insane. with scores like 16/17 its not very helpful because "weak areas" practically covers the entire test haha. i think im going to buy the 2009 ada and take it next because my test is in less than 2 weeks and i honestly have no scope of where i reasonably stand right now. good idea? ive heard the 2009 ada test for purchase is pretty indicative of the real thing over many other practice tests..

btw achiever 4 scores:

pa - 17
bio - 16
gchem - 15
ochem - 16
rc - 19
qr - 16