DAT in 3 days...Am I ready?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WindKP

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This will be my second time taking the DAT. The first time I applied was to 3 schools last year with a 19AA/18TS (20 bio, 19 GC, 15 OC(!), 23 RC, 20 PAT, 18 QR) and was waitlisted at one and rejected from the other two.

I've been studying pretty hard for the past 5 weeks (4-8+ hours/day) with Ferrali's notes, Cliff's Bio, Chad's and Mike's Videos, Destroyer (through ~150 questions so far of each), BC, and Qvualt.

Currently I've been focusing mainly on Bio, GC, and Orgo. All my practice scores (From BC/Qvualt) have been consistently in the 19-20s with a few 21s. I have a fairly strong gpa (3.6 ogpa, 3.45 sgpa) and two years experience as a dental assistant so I'm really just hoping for 19+scores. Do you think these practice tests are a good indicator I'm ready? I have the test on Friday and really do not want to have to push it out any further. I'm going crazy with all this studying!

Members don't see this ad.

This will be my second time taking the DAT. The first time I applied was to 3 schools last year with a 19AA/18TS (20 bio, 19 GC, 15 OC(!), 23 RC, 20 PAT, 18 QR) and was waitlisted at one and rejected from the other two.

I've been studying pretty hard for the past 5 weeks (4-8+ hours/day) with Ferrali's notes, Cliff's Bio, Chad's and Mike's Videos, Destroyer (through ~150 questions so far of each), BC, and Qvualt.

Currently I've been focusing mainly on Bio, GC, and Orgo. All my practice scores (From BC/Qvualt) have been consistently in the 19-20s with a few 21s. I have a fairly strong gpa (3.6 ogpa, 3.45 sgpa) and two years experience as a dental assistant so I'm really just hoping for 19+scores. Do you think these practice tests are a good indicator I'm ready? I have the test on Friday and really do not want to have to push it out any further. I'm going crazy with all this studying!

Yes, I think you are definitely ready to take the DAT and to get improved scores. Just keep grinding hard! Focus on bootcamp exams and DAT destroyer --> go over problems/content within those areas.

Also keep doing DAT bootcamp PAT generators!

Thanks! If it matters, I've been doing the BC tests starting from Test 10 and working my way down (I've heard 10-6 are harder than 1-5?) I will definitely be spending the next two days doing lots of practice questions!