Dat Is Done

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ananda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday I retook the DAT's and here is the breakdown:

Bio - 23 (up 5 points from original scores)
GChem - 20 (up 2)
OChem - 20 (up 2)
QR-17 (down 2 )
RC -19 (up 3)
PAT- 20 (same)
TS - 21 (up 3)
AA - 20 (up 2)

What did I use? This time around I stuck to the Blue Book to go over some things that I had overlooked the first time around but mainly focused on DESTROYER. It was the most helpful resource that I found for the sciences. Reviewing the destroyer about 3 times for each section will get you in the 20's no doubt, if you have a good foundation to start off with.

Thank you to Dr. Romano and Nancy for answering my random questions at random times of the day and to all of the fellow SDN'ers who have helped me along way (LifeisGood and Ecumuscle )

Good luck everybody! and hang in there, because if I could do it....then anybody can!

Members don't see this ad.

good job. congrats. did you find the test harder this time around than the first time you took it cuz people on here have been saying that they have made the test harder recently. And if so how exactly is it harder in your opinion?

Very Competitive Scores!
We all hope you get into the schools of your choice

Best of Luck,

DantheMan2007

Members don't see this ad :)
good job. congrats. did you find the test harder this time around than the first time you took it cuz people on here have been saying that they have made the test harder recently. And if so how exactly is it harder in your opinion?

I actually found the exam to be easier this time around. However, I don't know if I lucked out with an easier version, or if I was better prepared for it this time around. If you have any other questions let me know.

P.S. I was also allowed to use paper and pencil which was a plus!

I actually found the exam to be easier this time around. However, I don't know if I lucked out with an easier version, or if I was better prepared for it this time around. If you have any other questions let me know.

P.S. I was also allowed to use paper and pencil which was a plus!

Wat were your study tactics this time around compared to how u studied when you first took the test?

To the OP, How much time did you spend studying to the DAT this time around? I am in the same boat you are. I took the DAT in July of 2005. I did not get in, nor did I interview anywhere last year. So I applied again this year and I have had one interview but it looks as though I may have to apply again. So I am planning on taking the DAT here in the next couple months. I have bought Topscore and Acheiver but I am thinking about Destroyer.

those are some really great scores-congrats! :thumbup:

i'm sure you'll have no problem getting in! how much time did you give yourself to study this time around? also, what testing center did you go to this time?

best of luck to u!

~I tested in the Boston Location.

As far as my studying agenda it went as follows:

I began reading the kaplan blue book and made some notes here and there of things I really had not memorized the first time I took the test. I did this for about 2 hours a day during the week and more on the weekends.
Then I moved on to Destroyer after finishing an entire section. For example: after reading the biology chunk in the blue book, I reviewed the Biology questions in the Destroyer Book, etc.
Everytime, I needed clarification on a question or more information about a topic in the destroyer, I would supplement it with Schaum's outline (biology).
I did the same thing for the other two sciences.
For QR, I went over destroyer once, but did not really study this time because I felt comfortable with my first score... though beware...never be too comfortable with your first scores and review everything equally.
For PAT, I also did not review, hence same score as the first time.
RC - did not do anything except for one of the practice tests in achiever but I would suggest in the real thing to not read the passage but rather skim and look for the answers which are ordered in almost chronological order in the passages. This will save you a lot of time and will raise your scores.

The last week before the exam I probably bumped my study time to 5 hours a day. Finally the day before the exam I read over Destroyer one more time to refresh everything I had previously learned.

Try to remain calm during the test which will play very much in your favor, bring a fruit for break or munch on the hard candy that the prometric center has.

Hope this helps! let me know if you have any other questions!

hey-

just wanted to know how many hours/day you gave yourself to study?

also, do you remember if you were tested on IR/Mass/NMR Spectroscopy? if so, what type of questions?

thanks!:)