DAT is in 5 days - Need Science Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredentist5944

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advice. I've already taken the DAT before back in January and didn't score as well as I'd like and it's been a while to where I forgot what kind of stuff they ask.

I took a whole new approach this time around and I'm still freaking out. The last time I took it I used DAT Bootcamp and Chad Videos but I made the mistake of just memorizing the questions instead of actually learning how to do them and I got too comfortable to the point where I thought I was going to kill it.

As far as PAT goes, I usually get around an 18-19 which is average and I'm okay with. Math I usually score pretty high. I scored a 21 on my actual the last time and now on DAT Bootcamp I'm scoring anywhere between 20-23.

Now my new science approach is I'm using DAT Destroyer along with Chad and DAT Bootcamp. I have the 2013 version from a friend and I know there are some changes in recent years but I'd assume it's still mainly the same general concept.

I've done every single ochem problem in there about 2-3 times and I score decently on DAT Bootcamp (usually I miss anywhere between like 6-9 questions). Gen chem and Bio are the sections I'm really worried about.

For gen chem I've started out doing DAT Destroyer, I've done a lot of problems but was never able to get through all of them. They got to the point where it was literally destroying me and killing my confidence as of yesterday so I stopped. I started just doing DAT Bootcamp today and I took 3 out of the 5 practice tests. Test 1 I got 22/30, Test 2 23/30, and Test 3 21/30.

Will DAT Bootcamp be good enough to help me perform well on gen chem? My goals for this time around in science are 20+ on ochem and gen chem and like a 17 in Bio lol. Bio is a huge weakness of mine and I'm not sure how to study for it at all. At this rate I'm just memorizing as many questions as I can from the DAT Destroyer.

I apologize that my thoughts are all over the place in this thread. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like you're not 100 percent ready for the DAT if you haven't finished the destroyer... The destroyer covers a broad spectrum of topics that are asked on the DAT and understanding the material behind the questions is pretty important for a 20+. It's a tough book to get through, but the pay out on the test is worth it. It sounds like you'll do well in Ochem but I feel you'll be held back back bio and gc. My .02$ would be to postpone it until you've given it your all! Maybe incorporate a review phase after you finish destroyer to fill in any holes in your knowledge.

Are you using any other materials besides Bootcamp for Bio? Bootcamp is great for practice problems but it doesn't cover all the material. For Bio, I'd concentrate more on reading feralis notes over and over and getting a grasp on the concepts.

Chad's videos (quizzes too) and Bootcamp will be great for getting ready to do well on GC/OC.

For Bio (Watch the whole playlist if you have time and take notes; or if you don't have enough time watch the stuff that you're rusty on):

-Go over biomes and taxonomy. Reviewed write before test and I had a couple questions on it.

OC know all the general reactions (The chart with all the mechanisms in the destroyer)

GC I was good at calculations but wasn't prepared for a lot of conceptual stuff . I had a lot more conceptual stuff than I had expected