DAT Kaplan Live Online

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

immortal82

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on taking the DAT soon but I've been out of school for more than a year now. I'm thinking about taking the Kaplan Online Live classes to help me stay on track due to my busy schedule. Does anyone know if these classes are worth it?

If not what would you recommend?

Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I did kaplan and found it to be a complete waste. Other people have taken the course and scored very well.

Personally, I believe that if you are the person who struggles to study on their own without guidance/schedule set out for them, then kaplan would be useful. Otherwise, I suggest you don't do it and study for the DAT yourself.

Reactions: 1 users
The only thing useful about Kaplan may be the practice tests. I did it one summer and to me, it was the worst $1500 investment. This past year I self-studied every day for 1-2 hours for ~10 months (worked full time), then took two weeks off to study all day every day. Leading up to my exam, I gradually increased the amount of studying I did, especially on weekends.

I also used the 2012 DAT destroyer, tyjacobs and feralis notes, plenty of youtube videos, chad's videos, bootcamp, and anything on google that would help explain concepts. Results have yet to come in since i wrote the cDAT. Oh, and Onenote is your best friend for keeping study notes on the computer. I can share mine if you'd like for an example

The only thing useful about Kaplan may be the practice tests. I did it one summer and to me, it was the worst $1500 investment. This past year I self-studied every day for 1-2 hours for ~10 months (worked full time), then took two weeks off to study all day every day. Leading up to my exam, I gradually increased the amount of studying I did, especially on weekends.

I also used the 2012 DAT destroyer, tyjacobs and feralis notes, plenty of youtube videos, chad's videos, bootcamp, and anything on google that would help explain concepts. Results have yet to come in since i wrote the cDAT. Oh, and Onenote is your best friend for keeping study notes on the computer. I can share mine if you'd like for an example

Yeah that's my issue right now, I work full time so it's hard to stay self-motivated and put in hours to study. I was hoping this Kaplan course will keep me on track and provide me a good structure. Yes please, can you share what you have. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on my experiences, Kaplan was not helpful. As people already said here, there are a tonne of free/cheaper resources available which you can use (i.e cliff notes, chads videos, etc) which you can easily find online.

Let me know if you have any questions. I can tell you the resources I used.

Although you have a time constraint, I think that the first thing you should do before figuring out whether to get kaplan or not is make a rough schedule on how you want to balance work (and more specifically) your studies.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently in a Live Online Kaplan course for the DAT and I love it. Their schedule really helps me stay on top of studying with a very busy schedule but also leaves time for use of their many, many resources-- I doubt I will even get through all of their resources before my exam. The live-online courses are especially helpful because unlike the in-person, there are multiple TAs in the class with you available to answer any questions you message them right away as the class is going on. I would definitely recommend...feel free to message me if you have more specific questions!