DAT Materials: 25AA/29TS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cat-ion

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently took my DAT and wanted to share my experience. This test has consumed my daily thoughts for longer than I can remember. I scored 25AA/29TS/20PAT (including 30 in Orgo). These scores mark the end of a huge mental climb for me, but the beginning of an entirely new chapter.

To the students reading this, trust Dr. Romano and take advantage of what he has to offer. I used ALL of his material: DAT Destroyer, Math Destroyer, Organic Odyssey, Gen Chem Destroyer (only selectively), Dynamite Bio notes, watched all of his 544 videos on youtube, participated & answered his questions every. single. day. I took his NY class (well part of it before Covid19 hit us) and was with him word by word, problem by problem and page by page. I stayed after almost every class to ask questions and clarify points (what a nerd right! IK). And even when the class ended he was always there to answer my many questions on the Facebook group. During the actual test, I finished the sciences with 40 min to spare.

OC was my weakest and least favorite subject, but after understanding the concepts I can now proudly say that I didn’t memorize a single OC reaction. Between the destroyer and the odyssey and the class notes and reviewing them you have more than sufficient practice that eventually these reactions will become second nature & things will just make sense. Studying for this test was bloody hard, but if I had to do it again, I’d use the same material all over again and then some. I’m forever grateful for the Destroyer team!

And to those who are feeling down bc it’s taking them an hour to do 15 PAT questions, to those who are spending 2 hours+ researching 1 question or 1 concept and to those who don’t know how to draw mechanism arrows yet, I’ve been there through it all and I feel you. I just want to tell you not to give up, It gets better, I promise just keeping putting in the work. The harder you work the sweeter the victory ;). Good Luck!

DAT.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user