DAT official score processing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeine jitters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I know that it takes ~2-3 weeks for my DAT scores to become official, then they will be sent to AADSAS... However, I saw some people talking about calling either the ADA or AADSAS to have their scores submitted faster.
Is this possible? I took my DAT on the 25th of June.

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you can't bypass that 2-3 week period unless it's electronic and instant now.
People call and get matched instantly as far as I understand not have their scores submitted from ADA to AADSAS. I might be wrong but I think it'll take 1-2 weeks for you at this point

Reactions: 1 users
I hear people also fax/email their unofficial report to dent schools. I don't know however, if schools will actually begin looking over your application if they receive your unofficial scores by email. I think they will still wait for the official processing of scores anyway. So emailing your unofficial may not be effective. I read this a few times around sdn and thought to share in case you were curious and wanted to call schools and ask for your self.

Members don't see this ad :)
I retook the DAT on June 13 and submitted my app around June 22, I had input my unofficial scores but the official scores are still processing. I'm starting to get notifications from schools that they've received my application, I'm concerned that they will be able to see my old score though and judge my application based on that...or would they know that there's a new score about to be processed? I should've just waited to submit :(

I retook the DAT on June 13 and submitted my app around June 22, I had input my unofficial scores but the official scores are still processing. I'm starting to get notifications from schools that they've received my application, I'm concerned that they will be able to see my old score though and judge my application based on that...or would they know that there's a new score about to be processed? I should've just waited to submit :(
DON'T WORRY. IF they know you retook they won't really look at your application until you have the recent scores. When they see the new scores they'll see your old scores regardless

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone,

I know that it takes ~2-3 weeks for my DAT scores to become official, then they will be sent to AADSAS... However, I saw some people talking about calling either the ADA or AADSAS to have their scores submitted faster.
Is this possible? I took my DAT on the 25th of June.

Thanks for any help!
the people who have called to have their scores uploaded more than likely took their DAT months ago or last summer. After you take the dat, the 1-4 week processing is due to auditing of the exam and to make sure your score is accurate, among other things the ADA does. there is also a processing delay bc a lot of people take there dat during june/july/august.

i took my DAT before junior year on 8.29.16 and it was sent out on 9/14/16. So I'm pretty sure there is nothing aadsas can do until the ADA audits and releases your official score in a few weeks.