DAT Plan (looking for input)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Allaboutteeth5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am taking the DAT Janurary 21st, and last week I had a breakdown on my time crunch but I knew I needed to set a date so I would study.

So since finals are coming up I have been prepping and studying PAT, reading my bio book and doing practice bio questions, starting RC practice, and reviewing math.

After finals I plan to hardcore study organic and general chemistry.

First day of winter break I want to take a diagnostic test to see my weak areas.
So far I have done 1 full length PAT test without any prior practice and got a 16...best being pattern folding, worst being hole punching.

I have cliff's AP bio, crack the dat PAT, Kaplan blue book, ACS chem study guide, mcat flashcards (for the sciences), and an old math book.

I really need to do well on the DAT considering I have a C+ and a B- on my transcript and might be getting a B- in orgo one (do good on quizzes but bad on tests its so frustrating :bigtears:)

I plan on taking 2 science classes to boost my science gpa...if I do apply this june could I resubmit my transcript with those science classes to update my gpa?

Comments please, currently worried. :sick:

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked into Chad's videos on coursesaver? I graduated in 2008 and haven't taken a gen chem class since 2006 and orgo class since 2007. I too am studying for the DAT and I'm almost done with his videos and let me tell you that they are amazing!!!

- Chad's Videos
- Alan's or Ferali's notes (Alan's were sufficient for me)
- DAT Bootcamp (get everything) <---- this will be your best friend, and is extremely helpful
- DAT Destroyer is helpful for biology and math, but a little over the top for the chemistries

If you master all of those along with your crack the DAT PAT, you will master the DAT.