DAT practice score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FFargo

Reaction score
Hi all!
My name is Farah :)
I have been studying for the DAT for 2 months now and I'm done watching the videos for the PAT, OC, CG, and Bio as of today, still working on the math.
I'm having an issue with my scores; when I take practice exams, I'm averaging around 15-16 and the scores remain consistent with different practice tests. my test is in one month and IDK what to do to improve my score. do you have any suggestions? did anyone else go through this? what was your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
If possible, I'd postpone the DAT to allow yourself 2 months for Destroyer. Ideally, you'd be able to go through the Destroyer 2-3 times while reviewing all questions and their answer choices in detail. See my breakdown for tips on how I utilized Destroyer.

I actually agree with the above comment on destroyer^ I used CrackDAT for the practice exams and was hitting about the same for the first month of my review, but once I started doing questions in Destroyer everyday, I saw my performance improve on those exams. Went through destroyer probably 2.33 times haha

Reactions: 1 user
If possible, I'd postpone the DAT to allow yourself 2 months for Destroyer. Ideally, you'd be able to go through the Destroyer 2-3 times while reviewing all questions and their answer choices in detail. See my breakdown for tips on how I utilized Destroyer.

I completely agree with @0Mik3cho! There's nothing wrong with postponing the your exam a few weeks to months, especially if it means you will do much better. It is far more cost-effective and, frankly, will look better to schools if you only have to take it once. The Destroyer was key to me doing well, so I always recommend going through it as thoroughly as you can + as many times as you can. It will definitely be challenging, but you should see your scores improve - which, I should probably note, aren't entirely accurate predictors of test day scores as the exams could be based on entirely different concepts than those in the practice test, but I digress.

Best of luck!

I agree with the above comments, get DAT Destroyer and go through it thoroughly. Also, don't lose confidence based on practice scores; you naturally will score lower in practice because it is not game day and you don't have that laser sharp focus like you will when taking the actual DAT. I was scoring 19 - 20s in practice and got 21AA. I was averaging 17 - 18 on RC for practice and ended up getting a 25. Don't let the practice discourage you!

Hi all!
My name is Farah :)
I have been studying for the DAT for 2 months now and I'm done watching the videos for the PAT, OC, CG, and Bio as of today, still working on the math.
I'm having an issue with my scores; when I take practice exams, I'm averaging around 15-16 and the scores remain consistent with different practice tests. my test is in one month and IDK what to do to improve my score. do you have any suggestions? did anyone else go through this? what was your experience?

I agree with the posters above. I would go through DATDestroyer if you have extra time and complete as many practice tests as you can.

I personally used DATBooster and it was amazing since I had literally some of the exact same questions show up on my real DAT. Every time I completed a practice test on Booster I would check which areas I'm incorrectly answering the most number of questions and I would revisit those topics. I would also try to revisit those questions a few weeks later to reinforce what I learned it. I did this and ended up scoring 27AA.

FFargo When you are taking the DAT, just curious how you are doing and if you took your DAT. If I can answer answer and question or help in anyway just let me know....Nancy, co/owner DAT Destroyer​