DAT Q Vault GC Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r2thekesh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the DAT in 2009 and I'm retaking it next month. Just bought Qvault and I've been looking at the questions and I just remember doing a lot more calculations in GC where the answers were "closer" together (if that makes sense?). Like if you did a calc for concentration one answer might be 1x10^7 and another might be 1.2x10^7.

It seems like the Qvault questions are very easily separated with some quick estimation or conceptual knowledge and they're too easy?

On another note, I remember someone saying they added an on-screen calculator to the DAT the year or 2 years after I took it. Is that true? Are there any other significant changes?

Members don't see this ad.

When I took dat back in august, I actually thought datqvault was somewhat similar to the real thing. No matter what your probably going to have 2 or 3 answers similar to one other, and possibly some absurd answer. When I wrote the dat I used datqvault, chad, and destroyer and that got me a 21 in gc which was 91 percentile. To bad I sucked at rc and now need another retake. And yes, they did add a calculator to the qr section, but its a simple calculator only with +,-, and division. Also, I don't know if you have heard but the markers they give you now are not erasable anymore, just a little heads up. Good luck to you!

On another note, I remember someone saying they added an on-screen calculator to the DAT the year or 2 years after I took it. Is that true? Are there any other significant changes?

This is only for the QR section. You use it by pointing/clicking, and I thought this was too clumsy/more of a time killer than time saver.

So what happens when you fill your board up with notes if the marker doesn't erase?

You ask for a new one.