DAT QR: Quantitative Comparison

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elvisthepelvis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my DAT is in two weeks and I'm always seeming to get few questions wrong on this section on the bootcamp tests. They put 10 of these questions on a test. Will it be like this on the real DAT? (1/4 of the test is this stuff?!!) or will it just be maybe 3-4 at most? I know its a new section so I can't imagine it being a good portion of the test.

All replies are greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

When I took the test, I had 7-10 quantitative comparison questions. The questions are "good" because they can test 2 skills at once. For example, they can test if you can calculate the volume of geometric figures, and then also test if you can logically reason to see which would change faster.

I also had close to 10 QC questions. Definitely make sure that you're prepared for those types of questions because it seems like the QR section has a significant amount of QC.

Hey, I would definitely make sure you are preparing well for QC questions. I personally had around 7 or 8 on my DAT, but the number you will get will vary. Other new question types you can try to prepare for are the Statement (1)/Statement (2) questions (data sufficiency) and Data interpretation questions (mostly interpreting graphs). I personally thought the QC questions on the real DAT weren't as hard as Bootcamp, but Bootcamp is definitely good practice. You can try DAT QVault for additional Quantitative Comparison questions if you are looking for more practice.