Dat quantitative reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying for the DAT and I don't know how to study for the math section. I feel like I forgot everything. What is the best possible way to brush up on math? For the PAT, should I purchase Crack the DAT PAT or just study from Bootcamp PAT.

Members don't see this ad.

I used Chad's for a few topics to get a general idea of basic questions. Then I did the DAT Bootcamp QR practice tests repeatedly to understand how to do those questions. My DAT math section was very similar to the Bootcamp QR with the high yield questions showing up, then of course a few strange ones that I've never seen before.
Math is my weakest point, and I got a 19 doing that. But, the time really got to me. I'm sure I could have gotten a 20 or above if I tried to go quicker, but again I'm not great at math and couldn't properly work through a handful of questions near the end as the time began to tick down.

For PAT, DAT Bootcamp is all I used and I felt it prepared me well. But, I thought their tests and generators were a bit easier than the official test.

Reactions: 1 user
To study for the QR section of the DAT if you feel like you've forgotten the foundation for the material, you could try watching videos. Other pre-dental students have found videos to be helpful, especially if you haven't taken a math course for a while. Videos can help you with the basics, and then you can reinforce your knowledge of QR through practice questions. You can find QR videos on YouTube or through a DAT prep company. Good luck studying!