DAT RC section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSD student123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took my DAT few months ago and i scored average which was expected because I didn't spend long time studying for it. however, I have to retake it since my RC score is really bad.

I most of the normal RC test (Kaplan, Bootcamp....) but i was wondering if you guys know any other/better way to study for this section?

I had some really hard articles in the test

Members don't see this ad.

I personally read a lot of news articles on the web and like science discoveries. Nothing like an official research article, but something that had some density to it and has length. I also think strategy for the test is most important to do well.

Honestly the way I prepared was taking the BOOTCAMP reading sections seriously. I timed myself and took it right to the minute. When I did it I learned what works best for me and I watched my score go up. Other then that I wouldn't really know what to do.

i read SA articles everyday, about 1-3 of them. i would try to understand the authors point and their opinion through tone words. also on the real dat, you can highlight which is super helpful. the more you read and try to understand the authors opinion, the better. i didnt do too hot on the bootcamp RC, i averaged around 18-19. i got a 25 on rc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you used any RC strategies? Like road mapping or S&A?

I personally used S&A and it worked nicely. But it's risky because it relies heavily on the style of questions asked. If you get a bunch of analytical/inference questions, then you're screwed with this method.

Reactions: 1 user