dat reading

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
According to dat reading, what does search and destroy means? Is it like that you find the answer based from the passage

Members don't see this ad.

You read the question then search the passage for the answer. This is my method 90% of the time. For tone and inference, you have to read slightly more of it.

You read the question then search the passage for the answer. This is my method 90% of the time. For tone and inference, you have to read slightly more of it.
For tone and inference questions you have to read slightly more of what?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea how everyone does well with S&D. I just read each passage, writing a few key words along the way with the paragraph number and scored a 24. Aren't you taking a huge risk by not reading the passage completely?

I have no idea how everyone does well with S&D. I just read each passage, writing a few key words along the way with the paragraph number and scored a 24. Aren't you taking a huge risk by not reading the passage completely?
How is the real thing compared to CDR and other tests?

I don't think it's a risk. You have possible answer choices, so you have an idea of what to look for. You find the section that talks about the question, and you select the corresponding answer. This works for me, because I'm a slow reader. It makes my reading comprehension high, but I end up running out of time. But, as always ymmv.

How is the real thing compared to CDR and other tests?

I only took three practice tests, one from CDR, one from Qvault, and one from Bootcamp. I think Bootcamp was most representative, while CDR and Qvault were more difficult. However, on the DAT passages, I was already familiar with two of the three topics so it made reading easier than anticipated.