DAT registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to register for DAT 60-90 days in advance? I am planning on taking in early July..can I register in a week or is that too late?
After I pay, how long do I have to pick a date?

Members don't see this ad.

1) No, you can register for it whenever you want within a 6 month period; provided you got the application token. 2) Register for it around 3-4 weeks prior to ensure you have a convenient location and time. 3)Once you pay, you have to take it within the 6 months or you will forfeit the fees and have to restart the process.

1) No, you can register for it whenever you want within a 6 month period; provided you got the application token. 2) Register for it around 3-4 weeks prior to ensure you have a convenient location and time. 3)Once you pay, you have to take it within the 6 months or you will forfeit the fees and have to restart the process.
By "provided you got the application token" do you mean the dentpin?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was able to register whenever. Once you pay the testing fee and receive your eligibility ID, you have six months to take the test, otherwise you forfeit the ~$450. If there are open seats at your preferred testing location the next day, and you are ready to test at that time, you can schedule your testing appointment for the next day. However, once you schedule a testing appointment, you will be required to pay a fee of up to $100 if you ever need to change your testing appointment.

My recommendation is if you see a test date which you know for sure will work for you, and you believe you will be reasonably ready by that date (truth is you will never feel fully ready), then go for it. I would definitely recommend scheduling at least a month in advance of when you intend to take the test if you want a decent number of options. Depending on what works for you, having a test date set can also help give you a reason to not let yourself get behind schedule.

Reactions: 1 users
I was able to register whenever. Once you pay the testing fee and receive your eligibility ID, you have six months to take the test, otherwise you forfeit the ~$450. If there are open seats at your preferred testing location the next day, and you are ready to test at that time, you can schedule your testing appointment for the next day. However, once you schedule a testing appointment, you will be required to pay a fee of up to $100 if you ever need to change your testing appointment.

My recommendation is if you see a test date which you know for sure will work for you, and you believe you will be reasonably ready by that date (truth is you will never feel fully ready), then go for it. I would definitely recommend scheduling at least a month in advance of when you intend to take the test if you want a decent number of options. Depending on what works for you, having a test date set can also help give you a reason to not let yourself get behind schedule.
makes sense! So After I pay, do I have to wait 24 hours to register? that is what my friend told me.

makes sense! So After I pay, do I have to wait 24 hours to register? that is what my friend told me.
Yes, it takes about that much time for them to get back to you with the eligibility ID.