DAT Results! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentoldme20

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I am beyond excited and wanted to share my great news and with everyone since it’s been a journey together. I am sooo happy with my scores and I posted them to give everyone some insight and say thank you to everyone that helped me achieve my DAT goals. I have been studying for the past 5 months before I took the DAT and I just got my score back and need to acknowledge what I used and did to help anyone I can… You can do it too! Here is what I used and what I did:

Crack the DAT: I killed my PAT because of them. I bought their program 2 years ago while I was still preparing and since they are the only ones who offered no expiration I was able to use their material throughout my entire preparation.. They would always give updates when they have something new and I was able to get updated to some extra videos in the past two years which was amazing! I bought their Crack the DAT PAT royal flush edition and then upgraded to the Bundle Package Royal Flush Edition since it had all the sections and had videos that I really wanted to get my hands on.

Before I start their exams, I always watch the video tutorials first and then I would take the test and evaluate how I did. I first started with the sections before I did the full length tests. They also give you a summary of what you did well and what your weaknesses are you know what to focus on more so for me that really helped so I didn’t waste my time on things I already knew. It especially gave me an idea of what the actual DAT would be like and how I could attack the questions under a time restriction. I hate tests because I am not a good test taker and this really helped with that!

DAT Cracker: I liked them since they weren’t too pricey and had good content. The only constraint was it was subscription based BUT totally worth it because I could use it anywhere on any device so it gave me the flexibility to study from different locations.. I knew I was weak on my RC and this helped me with it . I used it for 2 months and I usually get a score of 22 but hey, I even got higher on the real thing.

I also used the Kaplan materials which was passed on by my older brother who is now attending dental school. Kaplan has really good material, the only thing about Kaplan is that it is boring, reading from books doesn’t really prepare you for a TEST. It did teach me a lot but as far as the actual DAT, I don’t think I would have known how to apply any of that info if it wasn’t for the other two resources. It did help though… any little thing helps.

I would like to thank SDN though! All the forums about pre-dents have helped me a lot in keeping calm and choosing the best prep tool I can use. This is a great tool for us! Sometimes you do have to filter out the actual students from the obvious promoters on here, but it really helps us students!

Hang in there everyone… if I can do it, so can you! Yay to no more DAT studying! Keep at it, the results are worth it.

upload_2017-3-7_5-59-28.png

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I am beyond excited and wanted to share my great news and with everyone since it’s been a journey together. I am sooo happy with my scores and I posted them to give everyone some insight and say thank you to everyone that helped me achieve my DAT goals. I have been studying for the past 5 months before I took the DAT and I just got my score back and need to acknowledge what I used and did to help anyone I can… You can do it too! Here is what I used and what I did:

Crack the DAT: I killed my PAT because of them. I bought their program 2 years ago while I was still preparing and since they are the only ones who offered no expiration I was able to use their material throughout my entire preparation.. They would always give updates when they have something new and I was able to get updated to some extra videos in the past two years which was amazing! I bought their Crack the DAT PAT royal flush edition and then upgraded to the Bundle Package Royal Flush Edition since it had all the sections and had videos that I really wanted to get my hands on.

Before I start their exams, I always watch the video tutorials first and then I would take the test and evaluate how I did. I first started with the sections before I did the full length tests. They also give you a summary of what you did well and what your weaknesses are you know what to focus on more so for me that really helped so I didn’t waste my time on things I already knew. It especially gave me an idea of what the actual DAT would be like and how I could attack the questions under a time restriction. I hate tests because I am not a good test taker and this really helped with that!

DAT Cracker: I liked them since they weren’t too pricey and had good content. The only constraint was it was subscription based BUT totally worth it because I could use it anywhere on any device so it gave me the flexibility to study from different locations.. I knew I was weak on my RC and this helped me with it . I used it for 2 months and I usually get a score of 22 but hey, I even got higher on the real thing.

I also used the Kaplan materials which was passed on by my older brother who is now attending dental school. Kaplan has really good material, the only thing about Kaplan is that it is boring, reading from books doesn’t really prepare you for a TEST. It did teach me a lot but as far as the actual DAT, I don’t think I would have known how to apply any of that info if it wasn’t for the other two resources. It did help though… any little thing helps.

I would like to thank SDN though! All the forums about pre-dents have helped me a lot in keeping calm and choosing the best prep tool I can use. This is a great tool for us! Sometimes you do have to filter out the actual students from the obvious promoters on here, but it really helps us students!

Hang in there everyone… if I can do it, so can you! Yay to no more DAT studying! Keep at it, the results are worth it.

View attachment 215814

congrats on the amazing scores!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Those might be the highest scores i've ever seen, congrats!

Oh my this is godly. How long ago did you take it if you dont mind my asking? Grats on getting into UCSF btw!

Congratulations on the amazing scores!!! :)
I have a question regarding the study material you used and your recommendations! Do you recommend DAT prep classes? Also, I noticed you did not mention the DAT destroyer, did you not use it to study? Would you suggest it?
Thanks in advance and congrats again! :)

Last edited:
Congregations on the amazing scores!!! :)
I have a question regarding the study material you used and your recommendations! Do you recommend DAT prep classes? Also, I noticed you did not mention the DAT destroyer, did you not use it to study? Would you suggest it?
Thanks in advance and congrats again! :)

Thank you! I did not use DAT destroyer so I have no info on how useful it will be. 80% of my preparation was using Crack the DAT. If you plan on taking prep classes, take the ones where you think you are weak on. Asses yourself first and what you need to drill on and what you are great at so you can balance it ;)