DAT Retake or No?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by D-machine, Oct 30, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. D-machine

D-machine

Apr 13, 2014
    Hello Guys!
    I need your expert advice! I took my DAT about 3 months ago and applied to 8 dental schools this cycle. My RC is very low it's 17. I applied in early August and got the secondaries from schools but no interviews yet! Do you think its due to my low RC score and should I retake my DAT to apply next cycle again? Please let me know what y'all think. I will really appreciate your feedback :)
    Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Syntav

Syntav 2+ Year Member

Sep 10, 2014
    Your stats looks good, If you don't end up getting in this cycle then its definitely worth retaking if you can bring RC up a few points.

4. biomolecmed

biomolecmed 2+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Decent scores. What material did you use?

5. D-machine

D-machine

Apr 13, 2014
    Thanks so much for your advice and hopefully I will get in otherwise I will definitely retake it!

Syntav likes this.
  6. D-machine

D-machine

Apr 13, 2014
    I used datbootcamp and DAT Destroyer along with AP Cliff and Chad videos and quizzes. If you have not taken it then Best of luck I hope you kill it :)

7. mkhan27

mkhan27 2+ Year Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I think you are good. You got 20+ on DAT and your sGPA is very good. I think you should be fine!

D-machine likes this.
  8. biomolecmed

biomolecmed 2+ Year Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Thanks.

9. Dotoday

Dotoday 7+ Year Member

May 27, 2007
    Good job. Congrats.

D-machine likes this.