DAT retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RiYo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to re-apply for this cycle for dental schools.
I took DAT and scored: 20AA (22QR, 16RC, 17 Bio, GC 22, OC 23), 21PAT
I am kind of worried about my RC and Bio scores...

My GPA is 3.72 and I have about 300 hours of volunteering and about 250 hours of shadowing

I took my DAT a year ago in the summer of my Sophomore year and I applied without a degree in the early september last year to three schools where degree is not required. I got waitlisted after an interview for one of them, and I got rejected without an interview for the other two schools in late March.

Should I retake DAT in August and apply a bit later than june or is it better to apply early in the june

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.

I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.
I also wouldn’t be able to retake to Atleast 3 months from now I just don’t think it’s worth it idk