DAT retake?

RiYo

2+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2019
  1. Pre-Dental
I am planning to re-apply for this cycle for dental schools.
I took DAT and scored: 20AA (22QR, 16RC, 17 Bio, GC 22, OC 23), 21PAT
I am kind of worried about my RC and Bio scores...

My GPA is 3.72 and I have about 300 hours of volunteering and about 250 hours of shadowing

I took my DAT a year ago in the summer of my Sophomore year and I applied without a degree in the early september last year to three schools where degree is not required. I got waitlisted after an interview for one of them, and I got rejected without an interview for the other two schools in late March.

Should I retake DAT in August and apply a bit later than june or is it better to apply early in the june

Last edited:

elisef5

Jul 31, 2020
I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.

About the Ads

elisef5

Jul 31, 2020
I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.
I also wouldn’t be able to retake to Atleast 3 months from now I just don’t think it’s worth it idk

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.