DAT retake?

Started by RiYo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RiYo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am planning to re-apply for this cycle for dental schools.
I took DAT and scored: 20AA (22QR, 16RC, 17 Bio, GC 22, OC 23), 21PAT
I am kind of worried about my RC and Bio scores...

My GPA is 3.72 and I have about 300 hours of volunteering and about 250 hours of shadowing

I took my DAT a year ago in the summer of my Sophomore year and I applied without a degree in the early september last year to three schools where degree is not required. I got waitlisted after an interview for one of them, and I got rejected without an interview for the other two schools in late March.

Should I retake DAT in August and apply a bit later than june or is it better to apply early in the june
 
Last edited:
I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.
 
I’m a very hard working pre dental student at Penn State. I have a 3.75 overall GPA and 3.5 science. I just took the DAT which I studied for 3 months straight for and I did very good overall with a 19 AA - 19 PAT, 21 Orgo , 18 gen chem, 23 RC, 17 QR, and unfortunately due to nerves I messed up the bio section with a 16 overall. I used DAT Bootcamp and never got under an 18 in biology I’m just distraught. The top school I want to go to (LECOM) only has a average GPA around 3.3 and a academic average DAT 18. I have a strong application with 5 letters of recommendation and 200+ shadowing, etc. Please let me know I really don’t want to retake can I get by, will I get interviews? Thank you. Please respond.
I also wouldn’t be able to retake to Atleast 3 months from now I just don’t think it’s worth it idk