JawJock89

2+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Does anyone know if the scores received on the unofficial score report change when the final score report is uploaded into AADSAS?

I read somewhere that the "unofficial" scores can actually change once they are fitted to a normal distribution for your test.

Charles_Darwin

2+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I think I saw @Ari Rezaei explain this well somewhere, but from what I understand it only ever changes if there was some cheating scandal or the power went out or something major like that.

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

Ari Rezaei

Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2012
New York, NY
Status
Dental Student
I think I saw @Ari Rezaei explain this well somewhere, but from what I understand it only ever changes if there was some cheating scandal or the power went out or something major like that.
Pretty much. Once someone got a 1 in QR, they had their score audited and the QR score was updated. Your scores are your scores, the DAT is graded against a preset population of students which is why you get your scores immediately, you aren't compared against students who are taking the exam that day.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Does anyone know if the scores received on the unofficial score report change when the final score report is uploaded into AADSAS?

I read somewhere that the "unofficial" scores can actually change once they are fitted to a normal distribution for your test.
Nah hasn't changed either time for me. Ari explained it perfectly. Perhaps our new scores are data for people the next day though :D