DAT scores breakdown (please help! :()

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hAAAnh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I just took the DAT today and i'm kinda bummed because I was hoping for a much better score. My score was as follows:

21: AA
21: TS
24: OCHEM
22: GCHEM
20: PAT
20: QR
20: RC

I have a 3.3 GPA and so was hoping to make myself more competitive by totally killing the DAT. Any feedback or advice on what else I can do to make myself more competitive will be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I really need it, I'm an older student and honestly this upcoming admission cycle of June 2015 will be last time applying or I might have to give up my Dental Career dream :(

Members don't see this ad.

Your DAT looks Good. Apply early and smartly and you'll def get some interviews.

What is your sGPA and oGPA?

are you taking any science courses now or next semester? Hows your shadowing and extra-curriculars look?

I think if you apply to MWU, BU , NYU early you have a good chance of landing interviews there.

How was your Bio score?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you taking any science courses now or next semester? Hows your shadowing and extra-curriculars look?

I think if you apply to MWU, BU , NYU early you have a good chance of landing interviews there.

How was your Bio score?
Bio was a 20. I've volunteered, job shadowed quite a bit and am thinking on going abroad for Dental volunteering visit

I think all that will strengthen your app. Key is applying early. Your DAT scores are good.

my gpa is not much higher (3.4 science, 3.5 Overall) and my DAT was lower (20 AA) Ive had 6 interviews this cycle thus far. I did a humanitarian dental trip and an average amount of shadowing. I believe my personal statement was way above average and i believe this has helped me get to where i am with interviews. Put in the time and effort to really stand out in your PS i believe this is what really gets you in the door when you have average stats. Hope this helps! good luck!

You look good as an applicant, my GPA is only slightly higher and I have 4 interviews so far....apply early

Hi SDN,

I just took the DAT today and i'm kinda bummed because I was hoping for a much better score. My score was as follows:

21: AA
21: TS
24: OCHEM
22: GCHEM
20: PAT
20: QR
20: RC

I have a 3.3 GPA and so was hoping to make myself more competitive by totally killing the DAT. Any feedback or advice on what else I can do to make myself more competitive will be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I really need it, I'm an older student and honestly this upcoming admission cycle of June 2015 will be last time applying or I might have to give up my Dental Career dream :(
Those are nice scores! I have the exact same grades as you! I have been studying for about a month and a half, and my DAT is this Tuesday. I just bombed the 2009 DAT though :(..... did you by any chance take that before your exam? and if so, how well does it compare to the real deal?

Those are nice scores! I have the exact same grades as you! I have been studying for about a month and a half, and my DAT is this Tuesday. I just bombed the 2009 DAT though :(..... did you by any chance take that before your exam? and if so, how well does it compare to the real deal?
Honestly don't get bummed out by bad practice scores. I went in nervous and thats what I feel like made me slip a little. Just go in confident and you'll get a much better score then you think you will get! Goodluck! :)

P.S. To answer your question I did not take the 2009 DAT practice test so I can't really say

Reactions: 1 user
I used DAT bootcamp, DAT destroyer and Chad's Videos. I used some DAT Qvault. Practice PAT as much as you can. Bootcamp and Destroyer were my favorite probably the most beneficial.

Congratulations on your fantastic scores!

Although your GPA is a little low, your scores really shine. Make sure your personal statement is perfect. If your writing skills are not the best have a friend or hire someone to review it. A well written personal statement can be the difference in getting an interview or not. Most schools like to see a well rounded student, so make sure to do some volunteer work in your community. If you have a particular school in mind it is not a bad idea to give them a call with your stats and they can advise you.

Good luck in your journey and the application process

Take care..Nancy