DAT scores not send to ADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted738762

I called ADSAS and they said they have not received my DAT scores yet. My DAT scores on ADA have been processed (about a week ago) and I can see my official DAT scores there. I called ADAS to match them but they said they haven't received it so do I keep waiting. I thought the 2-3 week wait time was for the DAT to be uploaded on ADA not to be transferred over to ADSAS.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The same thing is happening to me. I took my DAT on July 17 and the scores were processed on Aug 2 but AADSAS still doesn't have my scores. They told me call ada and ask them to send the scores again and then ada told me AADSAS only has to download a file...then aadsas told me it can take 3-4 weeks for the scores to go up on AADSAS after ada sends them. It's been frustrating and everyone keeps telling me different things. Atleast I'm not the only one

The same thing is happening to me. I took my DAT on July 17 and the scores were processed on Aug 2 but AADSAS still doesn't have my scores. They told me call ada and ask them to send the scores again and then ada told me AADSAS only has to download a file...then aadsas told me it can take 3-4 weeks for the scores to go up on AADSAS after ada sends them. It's been frustrating and everyone keeps telling me different things. Atleast I'm not the only one

The 3-4 weeks is from the date you took the DAT. It generally takes 2 weeks for your score to be reported on the ADA site, then the ADA will send them to AADSAS (usually on one day of the week). Once the ADA sends the score report, it takes the AADSAS about 1-2 weeks to verify and update their systems to link to your app.

Even if you call to link your scores to the app, if AADSAS doesn't have the scores uploaded into their system (whether or not the ADA sent them or not), they cannot link the score report to your app.

Hope that made sense. Spoke with someone in detail about this recently. All there is to do is be patient and maybe call once a week to see if the scores are available to link.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
In the meantime, just make all of your other things are in. The DAT will take care of itself. I think a lot of people are taking the dat now and recently so the ada is probably super crammed with auditing and such. No worries though, it won't be long

This is ridiculous, why their system is so slow!

Next to all the schools it says processed date august 2nd. I'm hoping its quick

wish I understood what makes this process take so long. Everything's digital... mines been on my ADA for about a week as well.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This what ada said. Is this normal?

Thank you for contacting the Department of Testing Services. Your scores were sent out to schools on 8/2/17. ADEA AADSAS receives updated DAT scores on a weekly basis, imports them into your application, and transmits them to schools within one week of receipt.

There may be several reasons why your scores have not been reported to your ADEA AADSAS application.

· Did you report your DENTPIN number correctly in your ADEA AADSAS application?
· Did you report your name correctly in your ADEA AADSAS application?
· Did you report your date of birth correctly in your ADEA AADSAS application?

Please contact ADEA AADSAS so that you may verify this information.

Got off the phone with ADA. They're having technical problems transmitting scores to schools. Took me 3 calls and 3 different people to finally get this info so I'm not sure if its just some BS to get me off the phone lol.

Got off the phone with ADA. They're having technical problems transmitting scores to schools. Took me 3 calls and 3 different people to finally get this info so I'm not sure if its just some BS to get me off the phone lol.
This is some BS. I'm just gonna wait no point in contacting them. My friend contacted AADSAS 4 times and they said you just gotta wait it can take up 4-5 weeks lol.

This is some BS. I'm just gonna wait no point in contacting them. My friend contacted AADSAS 4 times and they said you just gotta wait it can take up 4-5 weeks lol.
Once our scores show up on ADA , schools should be able to see it according to one of the ADA people i spoke with. In your case on 8/2/17.

Once our scores show up on ADA , schools should be able to see it according to one of the ADA people i spoke with. In your case on 8/2/17.
Either ADA is lying or something weird is happening. You're having the same issue right? We all are having the same issue so we can just wait.

I just received an email saying that the scores from Aug 2nd just got sent to AADSAS today so we have to wait more

What do you guys mean by your scores have been processed by ADA but not linked? I took my test on july 19th and all that shows up on my application are the unofficial scores. I call twice a week but they keep telling me to wait.

What do you guys mean by your scores have been processed by ADA but not linked? I took my test on july 19th and all that shows up on my application are the unofficial scores. I call twice a week but they keep telling me to wait.
so your official scores have been posted by ADA but then ADA has to send the scores to AADSAS so AADSAS can upload them onto your application so the schools you sent the scores too have the OFFICIAL scores. Some schools don't look at your scores unless they have the official ones. So what happened to us was that our scores had been processed and official on ADA but they never got uploaded on AADSAS (it has been about 9 days).

so your official scores have been posted by ADA but then ADA has to send the scores to AADSAS so AADSAS can upload them onto your application so the schools you sent the scores too have the OFFICIAL scores. Some schools don't look at your scores unless they have the official ones. So what happened to us was that our scores had been processed and official on ADA but they never got uploaded on AADSAS (it has been about 9 days).
So I'm guessing that his means I'm way behind in this application process than you guys (in terms of DAT scores go at least).

I'm really starting to get panicky. This whole DAT score BS has really been stressing me out and raising my blood pressure.

So I'm guessing that his means I'm way behind in this application process than you guys (in terms of DAT scores go at least).

I'm really starting to get panicky. This whole DAT score BS has really been stressing me out and raising my blood pressure.

We're all in the same boat. They should have been sent out by now for all our test dates. However, transmitting scores to our schools is too much to ask of ADA.

We're all in the same boat. They should have been sent out by now for all our test dates. However, transmitting scores to our schools is too much to ask of ADA.
Yeah. It does suck. Many people are getting interviews from schools I applied to and I'm just sitting here waiting for my scores to verify. It makes you nervous/anxious you know?

Good luck to you guys. Hopefully this issue with our scores will be sorted out soon.

I just received an email saying that the scores from Aug 2nd just got sent to AADSAS today so we have to wait more
Same. It shouldn't take that long. Once they send it maybe 1-2 business days since it's electronic, the wait time is only with processing the DAT scores. Now we can just call ADSAS to link them when they receive them. No biggie. I knew ADA was messing up and they finally caught the error. It sucks it happend to us, but hey this stuff happens.

Till this day I don't know who is Ada and who is aadsas and what kind of acronym is that.
I mean how do we even pronounce that, why they are separate? I thought they were brothers or something.

Reactions: 1 users
Till this day I don't know who is Ada and who is aadsas and what kind of acronym is that.
I mean how do we even pronounce that, why they are separate? I thought they were brothers or something.

AADSAS = Associated American Dental Schools Application Service

ADA = American Dental Association

Reactions: 1 users