DAT scores on AADSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yrl

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took my DATs on july 28. when should i expect the scores to show up on AADSAS? when it shows up on AADSAS, that means all my schools can see them right?

Members don't see this ad.

i took my DATs on july 28. when should i expect the scores to show up on AADSAS? when it shows up on AADSAS, that means all my schools can see them right?

My scores took almost 3 weeks to show up on AADSAS. But, the scores won't actually show up...just the date taken and the date received.

According to AADSAS, they automatically receive DAT scores from the ADA. Then, AADSAS will send to the schools. Some schools prefer hard copies of scores from the ADA directly...just depends.

I took mine on July 19th and it still has not shown up on AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
My scores took almost 3 weeks to show up on AADSAS. But, the scores won't actually show up...just the date taken and the date received.

According to AADSAS, they automatically receive DAT scores from the ADA. Then, AADSAS will send to the schools. Some schools prefer hard copies of scores from the ADA directly...just depends.

how do we determine which schools want hard copies from ADA? i saw that a few school wanted "official score reports from ADA" so a couple days ago, i called them and asked what that meant, and they all old me that they just want scores through AADSAS.. so i stopped calling, assuming that the rest of the schools wanted the same thing.
how do we get official score reports from ADA.. i already went on the ADA website and paid 25 dollars for my scores to be sent to each school i applied to.. is that enough?

I took mine on Jul 18th and it is not up yet.

to yrl, yes i think that's sufficient. that's what i did about DAT score reports too

I took it on the 17th and it went up on the 28th? today my new app was sent out to schools. :eek:

^ maybe bc u took in canada? i dunno--thats weird.

Took mine the 14th july, they received it the 28th july and they mail it today the 6th of august.

Took mine the 14th july, they received it the 28th july and they mail it today the 6th of august.

...so approximately 1 month till the schools receive the official report. great :( i took mine on July 26th. I guess i'll have to wait until end of August for schools to receive it.

shifty where do you see that the score report is sent on 6th of august?

I don't see that on my application. Just mailing date on school designation and dat taken, received dates for my 1st DAT (not my second one yet).

I waited slightly over 4 weeks from the time of my test to my actual mailing date for my AADSAS score reports.

yes. it took about 3 weeks to show up on AADSAS and it takes a week or so for it to mail it schools. i would say about a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
DAT Taken: 7/27/10
AADSAS Received: 8/12/10 (does this auto-update or did someone from aadsas rly update this just a few hours ago?)

When will schools be able to access my scores?

DAT Taken: 7/27/10
AADSAS Received: 8/12/10 (does this auto-update or did someone from aadsas rly update this just a few hours ago?)

When will schools be able to access my scores?

I'm thinking it's an auto-update. ADA person told me mine would be available on the 11th, but I have been checking my AADSAS and it didn't show up until now (weird how yours say 12th? they told me they update every wednesday)

Unless the school uses electronic app version, I think we would have to wait for our next mailing batch which can be checked under your school designation page on aadsas.

I'm thinking it's an auto-update. ADA person told me mine would be available on the 11th, but I have been checking my AADSAS and it didn't show up until now (weird how yours say 12th? they told me they update every wednesday)

Unless the school uses electronic app version, I think we would have to wait for our next mailing batch which can be checked under your school designation page on aadsas.

I've also taken DAT on 7/27 and it is up now on AADSAS

it does indeed say the 12th, which is what surprised me. let's hope our next mailing date is this friday :laugh:.

it does indeed say the 12th, which is what surprised me. let's hope our next mailing date is this friday :laugh:.

yeah.. mine says 8/11/10. anyways, yes! hopefully by this friday!!! :)

Took DAT on 7/28 too, just showed up as received 8/11. So the actual scores aren't shown? Is it safe to assume our official scores are the same as our unofficial scores? Anyone ever experience any deviations?

Hmm..just noticed that some people are already getting invites for interviews even though their scores aren't posted yet. Is that normal? I thought your app isn't complete until everything is in. (looking at you RedDevilDDS:eyebrow:)

well, even if it doesnt update on AADSAS....prometric mails a hard copy directly to all the schools a couple of days after you retake. That copy will arrive at the schools well b4 the electronic update occurs. I spoke with an AADSAS rep yesterday regarding this matter. I have my own worries regarding this matter as well. Maybe contact the schools and ask if they have received the new hard copy from the testing center.

Hmm..just noticed that some people are already getting invites for interviews even though their scores aren't posted yet. Is that normal? I thought your app isn't complete until everything is in. (looking at you RedDevilDDS:eyebrow:)

My interviews are based on my first DAT not my second one. I didn't fax my second DAT scores to Indiana and MWU.

took mine July 26th. AADSAS received it today! So you'll probably get it within next few days. The earliest upcoming mailing date is the 13th, not sure if mine will be delivered right away, but :xf:

took mine July 26th. AADSAS received it today! So you'll probably get it within next few days. The earliest upcoming mailing date is the 13th, not sure if mine will be delivered right away, but :xf:

Damn, this is 18 days so almost 3 weeks. It will be probably a week before the schools get it so it will be a total of 4 weeks.

I don't remember the system being the same last year. I think I took mine and some schools had it in the matter of days.

I rewrote my new one on Aug 03 and schools like BU, Western, Midwestern AZ, USC and UofP don't accept a fax copy. It sucks.

so even though AADSAS received our scores, schools won't be able to access them until we have our new mailing date, correct?

BU completed my app a day or two before my mailing date, so I guess the schools that process applications digitally will receive them much sooner

Damn, this is 18 days so almost 3 weeks. It will be probably a week before the schools get it so it will be a total of 4 weeks.

I don't remember the system being the same last year. I think I took mine and some schools had it in the matter of days.

I rewrote my new one on Aug 03 and schools like BU, Western, Midwestern AZ, USC and UofP don't accept a fax copy. It sucks.

It always takes 2 weeks for ADA to review your score and confirm. Until last year, it was faster in an way that ADA directly sends official reports to schools. AADSAS update wasn't necessary and that's what is holding everything back (mailing date, etc). Shouldn't have been a matter of days..

so even though AADSAS received our scores, schools won't be able to access them until we have our new mailing date, correct?

I just called the AADSAS and my mailing batch is going to be 8/20.. she said it's not an actual snail mail, it's all electronic version, so the schools will be able to access on the day of our mailing date.

Last edited:
i took my dat on the 23rd of july and it says that there is no dat score info. it has been almost three weeks. does any one else have this prob?

i took my dat on the 23rd of july and it says that there is no dat score info. it has been almost three weeks. does any one else have this prob?

that is weird.. try calling the ADA 1-800-232-1694. ask whether your score has been released.

the ada said that aadsas received my scores on the 4th, a week ago. do they take 2 weeks to post after they received them?

I just called the AADSAS and my mailing batch is going to be 7/20.. she said it's not an actual snail mail, it's all electronic version, so the schools will be able to access on the day of our mailing date.

u mean 8/20? should i assume i will be in that batch?

EDIT: Nvm, it shows my new mailing date on aadsas :D

EDIT #2: Wow, under school decisions, i just got Case's "received/under review" :D :D

I took the DAT 7/25 , and the scores just showed up on AADSAS yesterday. The scores are being mailed out 8/20

Last edited:
This whole process is so frustrating. I took my DAT July 19th and they only just received my scores 8/9. My mailing date is 8/20 as well. I didn't know they were sent electronically.....does that mean on the 20th all the schools will be able to see my scores? Do I need to call and confirm that with each of them?

I also paid $25 per school for ADA to send hard copies (before I knew about the change) - will those copies reach the schools before my 8/20 mailing date? Will the schools accept them as official?

Last edited:
Good Question Dental Buzz
I am not sure what the deal with those $25 dollars are now !!

For ADDSAS, Did you guys actually paid $25 to ADA to send the marks to ADDSAS or do they automatically send it as long as you have assigned some schools to receive your Score ?

This whole process is so frustrating. I took my DAT July 19th and they only just received my scores 8/9. My mailing date is 8/20 as well. I didn't know they were sent electronically.....does that mean on the 20th all the schools will be able to see my scores? Do I need to call and confirm that with each of them?

I also paid $25 per school for ADA to send hard copies (before I knew about the change) - will those copies reach the schools before my 8/20 mailing date? Will the schools accept them as official?

I had selected the first 5 schools (free) and I only contacted UCSF about that issue. They replied back that they will only take in whatever comes from AADSAS now that AADSAS and ADA have combined this reporting system. Not sure of the other schools, but I remember midwestern saying that they only take AADSAS one too.

Good Question Dental Buzz
I am not sure what the deal with those $25 dollars are now !!

For ADDSAS, Did you guys actually paid $25 to ADA to send the marks to ADDSAS or do they automatically send it as long as you have assigned some schools to receive your Score ?

No, you do not need to pay any fee for ADA to upload for AADSAS. There is no fee AT ALL from now on b/c they increased their registration fee ($225 to $285 I think? not too sure).