DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor PJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone I was wondering what schools require a certain minimum score on the dat or sections on the dat. For example does Temple and NYU both require a min of 18 on each section now. Anyone know of other schools with minimum scores say like univ of Pittsburgh, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

howard require 17 in each section.
nova require 18.
USC 15
indiana 16, 18 in RC
tuft 16
buffalo 14
north carolina 17
penn. 16 each section

nova require 18.
USC 15
indiana 16, 18 in RC
tuft 16
buffalo 14
north carolina 17
penn. 16 each section

PJ, don't be deceived though. I'm sure you know that even though it is a minimum, many of these schools have acceptance DAT averages of around 20 overall. Some higher.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the Howard minimum is new since a few years back their listed average accepted DAT score was 16

Is Howard mostly a school for the minorities? I want to know my chances.

Shal3, you bet. Howard is def a minority school and that isn't including Asians :(.

nova require 18.
USC 15
indiana 16, 18 in RC
tuft 16
buffalo 14
north carolina 17
penn. 16 each section

These are only guidelines. You may have at least 5 points on top of each, but still fail to secure an interview, if you don't submit early through AADSAS or have not fulfilled all of their pre-requisites.

Question: I did pretty mediocre on my DAT recently. All my scores were 18+ but I would really like to make ALL of them 21s rather than just a few. In the case that I do worse, would they still look at my first scores (or look at them in a questionable light if i do worse).?

What if I improve one section from a 18 to a 21 but a 21 drops to a 18...will they see it as me having 2 21's or will they basically cancel each other out?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking it again

Shal3, you bet. Howard is def a minority school and that isn't including Asians :(.

hate how asians are considered minorities considering, there are more african americans then asians
- Danny

Question: I did pretty mediocre on my DAT recently. All my scores were 18+ but I would really like to make ALL of them 21s rather than just a few. In the case that I do worse, would they still look at my first scores (or look at them in a questionable light if i do worse).?

What if I improve one section from a 18 to a 21 but a 21 drops to a 18...will they see it as me having 2 21's or will they basically cancel each other out?

I'm trying to decide if it's worth taking it again

they will see all your scores.

each school interprets multiple DAT attempts differently--very few schools take your highest scores, while most schools look at your most recent scores. regardless, you should try to do better in EVERY section if you decide to retake.

jb!:)

hate how asians aren't considered minorities considering, there are more african americans then asians
- Danny

That's because asians are generally smarter among the minorities.:D

That's because asians are generally smarter among the minorities.:D

That's a bold statement. True, Asians may have greater enrollment in health professional schools, but that is by no means a strong indicator of intelligence of an ethnic group.

I do know that my Asian friends tend to perform very well in science and math-related academics, but again, you cannot test one's intelligence based on performance in these subjects alone. What about the arts (music, literature, performace, etc.)? Hell, I have a near-perfect science GPA, but I could not play a musical instrument if my life depended on it. Compare that to my little brother, who may not do well in science academics, but is very musically talented. Does that make me "smarter" than him? I think not.

I agree with busupshot. I am an asian myself, and it's very stereotypical for people to think that asians are generally smarter. In every race, there are some geniuses, some nerdy people, and some people who don't really care about getting good grades in school. Most people think good grades are directly related to being smart, but this is so not true! Can you seriously say out loud that everybody who received an A in your organic chemistry class is smart? The question is are they "smart" or studious?