DAt scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newmexomfs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I took my DAT last August and got the following scores after studying for 2 months:
OC-->23
GC-->21
Bio-->18
RC-->17
QR-->16
PAT-->14 (super mad)
TS-->21
AA-->19

I know I am gonna have to retake because of a poor PAT score and average AA. My cGPA and sGPA are both 4.0 and have taken about ten 300-400 level Biology and Biochem courses. Do you think I have a shot with these scores? I will be applying this cycle so have plenty of time to retake...

Members don't see this ad.

i bet 14 is below the cutoff, but 19AA should get you in with a 4.0 I would say. Good job on TS

There's definitely some good scores there. But I'd say that PAT and RC aren't going to cut it, as you already know. Good luck on the retake.

UCLAdds101--> I have a question for u. Were u good at PAT naturally or had to practice a lot? I am going to use CDP this time not rely solely on kaplan. I would appreciate if you could share your PAT prep experience!

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAdds101--> I have a question for u. Were u good at PAT naturally or had to practice a lot? I am going to use CDP this time not rely solely on kaplan. I would appreciate if you could share your PAT prep experience!
Let me answer this one for you.
UCLAdds is the prophesized dentist since the time of Moses and Abraham. He's the chosen one who will rid the world of cavities and ugly looking teeth. From GPR to endo to omsf, he will do it all. So needless to say, he was naturally good at PAT :)

UCLAdds is the prophesized dentist since the time of Moses and Abraham. He's the chosen one who will rid the world of cavities and ugly looking teeth. From GPR to endo to omsf, he will do it all. So needless to say, he was naturally good at PAT :)

Well if u say so! Would you mind sharing how you studied for PAT then!

:laugh: Thanks, wantVCU, for the flattering biblical embellishment... but, unfortunately, I am not the naturally talented prodigy that you make me out to be.

To the OP, I actually don't think I was very good at PAT when I began studying. The only subsection I was naturally comfortable with was TFE because I used to be interested in engineering (i.e., good exposure to orthographic projections). As you can see from my practice scores, I did fine with Kaplan PAT initially because it tends to be easier. When I did Achiever later, I realized that I wasn't as good at PAT as I thought. I especially struggled with Keyholes and Angles. Because of my poor performance on Achiever, I decided to buy CDP, but I only left myself five days to do the 10 CDP tests I bought. So I did two per day. My improvement in that week was very significant. I wouldn't suggest cramming it all into one week like I did. Ideally, it would be best to do one CDP test every 2-4 days. And schedule ahead of time so that you finish your last CDP 1-2 days before your test. This way, you'll stay in a nice rhythm. Good Luck!

Hello,

I got a 22 on the PAT after 2 months of study. I utilized the link posted above to the Wicked Sick PAT Tutorial, along with a few methods and extra tips that I felt gave me the edge. It is listed along with how I studied for the QR to get a 19 in my thread here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=697147

Hope this helps.

Edit: I should also note that PAT concepts will require practice for everyone. I imagine the people that would be considered naturally good already have extensive practice in similar 3-D mental manipulation and were able to apply the skills over.

thanks UCLAdds101, hopefully i will kik PATs butt this time :) . Are you applying this cycle?

I'm sure it'll work out for you. Just keep your positive attitude about it.

Yeah, I'm applying for the 2011 cycle. I was almost tempted to apply for the 2010 cycle, but I knew I wouldn't have a shot since I wouldn't have completed my BS degree before matriculation. Your GPA is great, especially with all of your upper div bio, so I have no doubt that you'll have success this upcoming cycle.