DAT Strategy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ambasol

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings all-
Just wanted to post a question and ask for some advice. I have yet to take the DAT (Nov. 24th) but I have taken a couple of practice tests so far and keep running out of time. I know the answers to most all of the ?'s, but the gen chem ?'s and the math have taken me longer since I work out most of the equations before I look at the answers(to avoid traps). What is the best way to speed through the math and chem sections? Also, I have been using the kaplans DAT book to study the math, but is this adequate?
Thanks for all of the helpful posts.

Members don't see this ad.

start by estimating what your answer might be.. then you can look at the choices and eliminate the wrong ones...
remember you get points for the right answer, not the strategy you used or the time you took. most of the questions take well more than few min to answer, but you need to find a way to find the answer in less than a min... and believe me, there is such a way for almost every question.... practice practice practice.. get a tutor if you need one... its an investment.....

good luck.........