DAT Study Question: Bootcamp vs. Destroyer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMEUW

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a rising junior hoping to take the DAT at the end of the summer (going to select a test date tonight). I have been studying so far by reading, highlighting, and taking notes on the Kaplan book and Cliff's AP Bio.

Last weekend I took my first of two practice test through Kaplan, and it went alright. My scores were as follows:
AA:20
TS:20
Bio:21
GC:20
OC:19
RC:22
QR:19
PAT:15

I did pretty poorly on the PAT. Of the questions I got to, I got around 90% right, but I was going through them really slow. I am planning on doing PAT generators to get faster at them. I feel like I am ready to slow down on the studying component and start doing a lot more practice questions and tests.

What are the differences and advantages to using Bootcamp vs Destroyer as a study method to get practice questions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Both are great study resources. I think Bootcamp is more for practicing to see where you stand. And Destroyer is to work on your weakness in Chem/Orgo to gain a better score.

You should probably still keep practicing and eventually your PAT score will go up.

bootCAMP is mainly for full length practice exams and the PAT generators. on the other Hand, dat destroyer has a bevy of endless practice questions to prepare you for the science and math sections. I used both and wouldn't have scored as well as i did without them.

IMO, pony up the cash and buy BOTH. I think you will be quite pleased.

I want to thank DAT Destroyer for my science and math scores because they definitely prepared me for the real DAT. It tested and enhanced my knowledge and made a very strong foundation that will definitely help me in dental school! I want to give a shout out to Dr. Romano, @orgoman22, for creating this amazing study book! In regards to my PAT and my reading section, I used Bootcamp because I did not know of any other sources to really use, and it definitely prepared me.
2017-07-13.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I want to thank DAT Destroyer for my science and math scores because they definitely prepared me for the real DAT. It tested and enhanced my knowledge and made a very strong foundation that will definitely help me in dental school! I want to give a shout out to Dr. Romano, @orgoman22, for creating this amazing study book! In regards to my PAT and my reading section, I used Bootcamp because I did not know of any other sources to really use, and it definitely prepared me.View attachment 221341
How do you get a 30 with a 26 on bio?