DAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monirp

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello y'all,

Those who that scored their target DAT this cycle or last cycles, could you please share your studying schedule.
How did you divide your time the month, and week prior to your exam?
What DAT practice programs did you use to improve your score? How did you divide your time daily between different subjects?
I understand when it comes to studying everyone is different.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

If you check out the DAT discussion board, tons of people have shared their scores and their breakdowns including the materials they used, their study schedules and etc. It would probs save you and other posters a ton of time to check there first! Good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have and didn't find much about "How did you divide your time the month, and week prior to your exam? " or "How did you divide your time daily between different subjects? "
I understand some of these questions might be specific and not important to everyone.

Those are pretty specific questions if you're typing them into the search box. I'm sure everyone has a different answer on this based on personal strengths. I personally dedicated more time to reading bio info and applying chem info. Biology is pure memorization so the more you see it, the faster you'll trigger your recall later. With chem, if you can apply it correctly, then you understand it. I didn't spend any time on RC at all, but that's also because I personally find that that's my strength... for others, they may require more practice. What I found was most effective leading up to the test date was to do practice tests or practice sets of questions, then see where your weaknesses are and dedicate more time on those. ie/ if you find you're consistently getting acids/bases questions wrong but your physio questions are perfect, dedicate more time to that aspect of GC than BIO. It'll vary for each person but only you know your strengths, efficiency and time management best. Good luck :)

EDIT: Do a first/second pass of all the material and monitor your understanding/ability to retain info as you're studying. If you're self-aware of what you're struggling with, work that into reviewing it more often and closer to the test date as well. I didn't follow a strict schedule for the last week of my studying because at that point, you should be reviewing concepts and areas of weakness. Hope that helps!