DAT success, 24AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

baseness

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
KrSub.jpg

Six months of studying then I finally pulled the trigger. I was sweating bullets the entire test. I feel great about my results except for the quantitative reasonsing. I thought I would do better but I was too slow and had to guess some questions. No amount of studying helped me on the on the perceptual ability part, though. Whoever designed that part was a sadist.

Some people might want to know I used to study... it was a great hodgepodge of stuff to make sure I covered a lot of material. I made note cards of all the material in the following:
Cliff's AP Biology
ExamKrakers biology book
The Kaplan DAT blue book
The General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry books for Berkeley Review MCAT Prep

Then I did all the problems in DAT destroyer. I also tried to develop my perceptual ability with Crack the DAT. Let's just say that it was a pretty good simulation of the real thing but it didn't help much. One of the most annoying things on the DAT is that many questions require you to scroll down about one millimeter before you can click the "next question" button. A great way to rob your time when every minute counts.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
nice effort man, congrats on the great score!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!
It's interesting how so many prometric centers still show the percentiles even though they're supposed to be phasing them out.

" Whoever designed that part was a sadist."
haha that just made my day.
I realized during the test that the pressure and stress really made it difficult (for me at least) to do the PAT section. It's definitely very different from doing PAT practice questions at home XD

SICK! Congrats buddy. I wanna retake mine next year to get something like that. YOUR RC is amazing. I wished my RC was a strength of mine. :/
GOOD LUCK with applications!

I realized during the test that the pressure and stress really made it difficult (for me at least) to do the PAT section. It's definitely very different from doing PAT practice questions at home XD

I agree the material was the same as CPD but I couldn't help but second guess and over analyze things (aka take to long) on the PAT during the real test.

Edit to add: and of course congrats on those amazing scores, your hard work paid off