SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

DAT tapes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Qoo, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm looking for DAT tapes or CD to listen to while driving to work (hour long commute). If anyone wants to sell his/hers, please let me know!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH

:clap: :clap: :clap:

~Qoo

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blue Tooth

Blue Tooth Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 29, 2001
    Ann Arbor, MI
    do these actually exist? I've never heard of any DAT study guide other than books or the topscore cd.

4. Qoo

Qoo Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 19, 2002
    yea... i found this thing called "Audio learn: DAT tapes" for $100...it seems too much for just tapes... if anyone has that, can u share ur opinion on them? how useful are they?

5. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 19, 2002
    PA
  6. vixen

vixen I like members 10+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2000
    upstate ny
    thank you EcoRI!!! :)

7. vixen

vixen I like members 10+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2000
    upstate ny
    damn I wish someone was selling used audio learn tapes....they seem really useful, but $100 for tapes! Has anyone here used the flashcards? They seem like they could be helpful on the subway.

8. EcoRI

EcoRI Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Mar 19, 2002
    PA
    The tapes were by no means comprehensive of the material you should know. The biology section was OK. I didn't find the chemistry very useful. I think chemistry is not something you can learn from an audio tape. If you have a hundred bucks to blow I guess it's worth buying especially if you're spending a couple hours a day commuting. I used the Kaplan book and the audio tapes although I didn't score very well. Wish I would have spent more time taking practice tests. I felt like I knew the material pretty well but I totally choked on the exam. Hope to retake it in a month.

9. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE 7+ Year Member

Jul 16, 2001
    California
    Vixen
    I used the flashcards and they are helpful. I use them when I am using the stairmater at the gym....so it makes the hour go by quick and I don't feel bad for wasting study time at the gym.

10. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Jul 21, 2001
    Washington, DC
    SDN Exhibitor
    I have the DAT tapes and they are okay. They really help you skim the topics. If you have done a good job studying (detailed) then these tapes will really help you remember stuff you learned. I think I'm going to listen to them a couple days before my dat or maybe the day of just to remember stuff.

There are only three tapes. Not worth a 100 bucks, but remember when you see, hear, and learn then you will not forget the information.

Thats why I invested in video tapes as well.

DesiDentist