DAT Test Date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickad88

Pre-Dent
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was just wondering if you guys think retaking the DAT in late September is way to late to be considered for this cycle.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

quick, i think its late. i did it last year. you should really try for august the latest if you want a pre dec. interview.

Well i'm taking it on Monday but if I don't do as well as planed then ill have to take it late Sep. Is a post-Dec interview bad?

quick, i think its late. i did it last year. you should really try for august the latest if you want a pre dec. interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, some schools are full by dec 1st, most I'd say are 50-70% full by that time, so your chances are slim.

thanks for the quick replies. ill just try to do really good Monday then :D

You could take it Mid July instead of Monday if u are not prepared, thats what I would recommend doing.

You could take it Mid July instead of Monday if u are not prepared, thats what I would recommend doing.

It's hard decision here. If OP would not do well in July, then a retake in October could be even worse.

True...but theres no guarentee he would do better in sept/oct. It depends how he/she has been doing on the practice exams and how he/she feels about the test. Gluck!

ive been doing ok on practice and stuff. I was just wondering IF i by chance didnt do well...kinda to ease my nerves haha but ya i guess Sep is a little late.