1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DAT Timing

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by budfrog, Feb 22, 2001.

1. budfrog

budfrog Member
    10+ Year Member

I am trying to decide when to take the DAT and was just wondering how long it took for the scores to actually reach the dental schools. Anyone have any clue. I want to get everything there as close to June 1 as possible. Any info would be a big help. Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr. Pedo

Dr. Pedo Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

This closely resembles your other thread "What do you think"... but I realize not all your questions were answered. [​IMG]

Yes, it is definitely to your benefit to have your application in early----as early as Jun.1 is not that important.

Speaking from my personal experience---AADS received my internet application---immed. I paid my application fee through the internet and fed-ex my transcripts, personal statement, etc.... overnight delivery. They recieved everything on 10/04 and it was processed and sent back to me-- and the schools 10/11. I received them-- as I'm sure my schools did-- on 10/15. The DAT scores are sent immed. after taking your exam. (Everything is electronic and you also get your scores immed.)

So based on my experience and banking on no problems----it takes ~10 days after your application is received to be process and sent to the schools. I think the DAT scores depending on how far away some of your schools you applied to----shouldn't take but 4 days to be received. Therefore you could send in all your application stuff and within 4-5 days after you could take the DAT and everything will wind-up together [​IMG] (close at least---barring no problems)

If you are dead-set on getting that applic. in and DAT finished by Jun. 1---great! If you find it is too much and your not finding time to dedicate towards the DAT--- by all means take a couple of weeks in late May or early June to study. Even if you get everything in by late june------You are still way a head of 98% of the applicants and will enjoy every benefit afforded to the early bird.

Hope this helps----once again this is how it worked for me. Good luck

R.R.B