DAT Tomorrow!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentistryIsLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Not sure if this is redunandant already but I figured I'd ask it anyway as my first ever post and would love some advice. I am a bit nervous for my DAT tomorrow because I have been trending down in biology with respect to my scores on Bootcamp. I currently have a 3.95 overall gpa and a 3.93 science gpa as a rising senior biomedical engineering major at UConn. I hope to get into UConn, BU and Tufts to stay in the northeast and was wondering if you all have any idea what I would need to get on the DAT to have a solid chance of getting in. Not traditionally a great standardized test taker as it took me my second chance to get my highest score on the SAT but because I want to get in for the Fall of 2018 I can't afford to take this test again because it will seriously delay my app. Please let me know if you have any advice as it is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Stay calm in those moments of panic and keep pushing through. If you see an off the wall question chances are none of us have seen it. Hopefully you've done a full length test, that was my biggest mistake going in, I wasn't really prepared for the endurance aspect. Be prepared to use a couple different strategies in RC. Sounds like with your gpa and degree you will be prepared. Good luck its a great feeling when its over!

How are your practice scores looking? If those are looking good then at this point you've done all you can. Do some light reviewing and prepare yourself mentally to take this exam.

You have a solid GPA so, just aim as high as possible!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been told by a Tufts professor himself to get a 22 on the DAT to be a really solid candidate. (Not sure about individual sections or other schools). Otherwise, stay focused and give it your all!

Eat a good breakfast, it'll be a long day. I wouldn't recommend coffee. Remember to read the whole question, and know exactly what you're answering.

Relax, you're going to be just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I did a weird strategy that worked for me.. you can 'mark' questions, this is intended for you to go back to these questions at the end. I actually did the opposite, I marked the questions I knew for sure. That way when I went back over the questions at the end, if it was marked I didn't need to spend time on it.

I think this worked for me because even if I was like 80% sure, I didn't mark it so I had a lot fewer questions marked compared the number of questions

Let us know how it was please! I got mine coming up soon

Hey everyone, so my results were a mixed bag. I ended up getting the following scores: 25GC 21Bio 20Orgo 19PAT 19 QR and the killer imo 17 RC with my AA being a 20 and TS being a 22. Do you guys think I need to retake it at all (please say no lol) or do I have a solid chance with my high gpa and that score of getting into at least 1 of the 3 schools I mentioned?

Great scores man! I'd definitely be happy w/that. In regards to your school choices, I'm not the right person to ask but I'd say your get in fine w/your GPA and DAT. Maybe you should post a breakdown before I take mine next week ;) Also do you mind sharing what you were scoring on your practice test?

Hey everyone, so my results were a mixed bag. I ended up getting the following scores: 25GC 21Bio 20Orgo 19PAT 19 QR and the killer imo 17 RC with my AA being a 20 and TS being a 22. Do you guys think I need to retake it at all (please say no lol) or do I have a solid chance with my high gpa and that score of getting into at least 1 of the 3 schools I mentioned?

I think you have a shot at your schools. Overall you are around the average acceptance since average acceptance DAT is about a 20AA. Your GPA is stellar though. I wouldn't take it again personally, specially if you are planning on applying this cycle. Good luck with the rest of your application!

Eat a good breakfast, it'll be a long day. I wouldn't recommend coffee. Remember to read the whole question, and know exactly what you're answering.

Relax, you're going to be just fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Just wondering why don't you recommend coffee?

Reactions: 1 user
Just wondering why don't you recommend coffee?

I'm a coffee drinker, and I enjoyed a small cup before my DAT. I would've felt weird without it. DAT went fine. Don't overdo it but if you're used to drinking coffee go ahead and have some along with your breakfast.

I'm a coffee drinker, and I enjoyed a small cup before my DAT. I would've felt weird without it. DAT went fine. Don't overdo it but if you're used to drinking coffee go ahead and have some along with your breakfast.

Ya I do drink coffee so I feel like if I didn't have it at all I wouldn't do as well.

Reactions: 1 user