DAT Tomorrow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jab1113

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
About to do my last Math Destroyer exam and call it a day. Just got a 22 on a CDP exam so happy about that.

Gonna review flashcards for the rest of the night and watch some South Park on Netflix (I need a good laugh).

Any advice before the big day?

Members don't see this ad.

About to do my last Math Destroyer exam and call it a day. Just got a 22 on a CDP exam so happy about that.

Gonna review flashcards for the rest of the night and watch some South Park on Netflix (I need a good laugh).

good luck man, dont be nervous, ull kill it. my only advice is the morning of to quickly browse stuff like NMR and IR values, make sure you know those cold! no point in giving up easy problems! also review whatever else your weak in to make sure you know it before the exam. I personally plan to read some bio morning of my exam... because as we all know bio goes in one ear and comes out the other. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't study before the exam.. I am sure you will do good.. Good luck!!

i disagree with this wholeheartedly! ive heard this theory over and over again and in fact i've proven it wrong multiple times! I believe when you get nervous you usually remember the first thing that comes to mind... which tends to be the last thing you did... meaning if I freak out on an NMR question... but I just read it like 30 mins ago, I have a better shot of recalling that information vs. if i studied it 3 days before my exam. I always always always study before all my exams and guess what? The stuff I tend to do before the exam is usually the stuff that appears on the exam. Why? Because I study info that im weak at and that I KNOW ill forget the next day. So why wouldnt I review it right before my exam and GUARANTEE myself a great score? :thumbup:

Tomorrow is YOUR day to shine. Tonight relax after you have studied, sleep early, wake up have a good breakfast, leave all your doubts behind. Know that you have done all you could. InshAllah you will be in my Duaa.

Rabina Ma3ak = May God be with you. :)

Reactions: 1 user
i disagree with this wholeheartedly! ive heard this theory over and over again and in fact i've proven it wrong multiple times! I believe when you get nervous you usually remember the first thing that comes to mind... which tends to be the last thing you did... meaning if I freak out on an NMR question... but I just read it like 30 mins ago, I have a better shot of recalling that information vs. if i studied it 3 days before my exam. I always always always study before all my exams and guess what? The stuff I tend to do before the exam is usually the stuff that appears on the exam. Why? Because I study info that im weak at and that I KNOW ill forget the next day. So why wouldnt I review it right before my exam and GUARANTEE myself a great score? :thumbup:

It's different for everyone. I reviewed everything the day before my exam and I was just relaxing/chilled on the day of my exam...
:thumbup:

Tomorrow is YOUR day to shine. Tonight relax after you have studied, sleep early, wake up have a good breakfast, leave all your doubts behind. Know that you have done all you could. InshAllah you will be in my Duaa.

Rabina Ma3ak = May God be with you. :)

Shukran habibi, I will pray for you as well tonight and everyone else on this forum.

Inshallah we will all do well

Don't study before the exam.. I am sure you will do good.. Good luck!!

lol I studied "lightly" the day before (meaning <4 hours). The morning of the DAT, I re-read my biochemistry notes from last semester, just to get myself back into the upper level bio mindset. I actually think reading the biochem notes really helped get me back into the thought process that I was going through when I felt really confident about cell bio/biochem.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Treat the day as you would any other day.

If you eat breakfast, eat what you would normally eat. don't go shoveling in loads just in case you get hungry or whatever. If you don't eat, then don't eat.

I don't eat breakast and I didn't on my test day. i just had my coffee and that's it.

Like a quarterback or pitcher you need to have a short memory(throwing ints or hanging one over the plate to get crushed). Focus on the section you're on.

If you're on PAT forget the sciences. same deal with the other sections. You can't undo them, there's no need to think about it anymore.

The morning of the DAT, I re-read my biochemistry notes from last semester, just to get myself back into the upper level bio mindset. I actually think reading the biochem notes really helped get me back into the thought process that I was going through when I felt really confident about cell bio/biochem.

thats my thought EXACTLY! Im not saying read for 12 hours the day off, but a light review is just like stretching before running. You dont have to do to it, but it def helps A LOT!:laugh: