DAT vs GRE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spider367

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing this a one year non thesis masters thing, but the deadline for applying is a month away and it requires applicants to take the GRE. My question is how does the GRE compare to the DAT? I know they are totally different, but will I be able to adequately prep for the GRE in only 2.5-3 weeks?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm planning on doing this a one year non thesis masters thing, but the deadline for applying is a month away and it requires applicants to take the GRE. My question is how does the GRE compare to the DAT? I know they are totally different, but will I be able to adequately prep for the GRE in only 2.5-3 weeks?

Thanks!

GRE is easy to prepare ( this doesn't mean that the GRE is EASIER than DAT ) and much shorter time to complete..

The reason is GRE is just english + math whereas DAT has so many material to study.

If you are good at english and reading, then GRE is easier, if you are good at science and math , then DAT is easier for you.

So, it depends...

GRE. hands down.

you have 3 chances to take the DAT. while you may not need them all, you still want to have those 3 opportunities bc you never know what can happen.

The gre is easy to prepare for and if you do bad...so what? take it again..and if you do bad again..take it again lol. it has no bearing on admissions to dental school.

Members don't see this ad :)
My only concern really at this point is timing. The masters program has an admission deadline of June 25th. I'm scheduled to take the GRE June 13th. If official scores take 10-15 days to get calculated and sent out, will this be a big problem if my scores are a little late?