DAT where to start?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatsmile

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am a current transfer from PRE-MED to PRE-DENT.
ive no clue where to start... what to do... what books to use... where to get them... or learning strategies or anything.

ANY help would be good Aiming for above a 20 on the DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you learn best from books then Kaplan has good books. I personally don't and couldn't study that way. For Organic, purchase Chad's videos. He's a DAT and MCAT tutor who made comprehensive videos for Organic and Gen Chem. He is the only resource I used to study for those sections and I had 20+ scores. I remembered nothing about the courses going in. Chad tells you exactly what will be asked on the DAT and how it will be asked. He also gives cheat ways of finding answers fast. For Biology, I only studied Cliff's AP Biology book 3rd edition. The biology section has changed a little for 2015, so there might be better resources for that now. Finally, purchase access to DAT Bootcamp. The first practice tests in each section are free if you make an account, so you can try it before you buy it. Bootcamp is a great way to study for the perceptual section and to test your knowledge levels on each section of the test. People who use Bootcamp consistently get 20+, so I highly recommend it.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
If you learn best from books then Kaplan has good books. I personally don't and couldn't study that way. For Organic, purchase Chad's videos. He's a DAT and MCAT tutor who made comprehensive videos for Organic and Gen Chem. He is the only resource I used to study for those sections and I had 20+ scores. I remembered nothing about the courses going in. Chad tells you exactly what will be asked on the DAT and how it will be asked. He also gives cheat ways of finding answers fast. For Biology, I only studied Cliff's AP Biology book 3rd edition. The biology section has changed a little for 2015, so there might be better resources for that now. Finally, purchase access to DAT Bootcamp. The first practice tests in each section are free if you make an account, so you can try it before you buy it. Bootcamp is a great way to study for the perceptual section and to test your knowledge levels on each section of the test. People who use Bootcamp consistently get 20+, so I highly recommend it.

Best of luck!

do you think dat destroyer and math destroyer are worth it?

Destroyer and math destroyers are definitely both a MUST. My GPA was pretty similar to yours when applying so if you have any questions, let me know!

First go over basic stuff in sciences. See how much you know. Set up a time frame to study. Get both destroyers and use them as a study guide. If you get a question wrong go over the answers and understand what you did wrong. For PAT I persinnaly like achiever although it's hard. And also get 2007 and 2009 Ada exams.
Good luck

Reactions: 1 user