DAT worries

Started by iagroeg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

iagroeg

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been taking practice DAT's & I can't seem to get above a 19, which
worries me. Do y'all consider this a good score?

Also, when taking the computerized DAT, are we allowed to fold scratch paper
during the PAT? I went by the local Sylav & asked if this was okay, and the
lady said she didn't see why not. I ask, because when I do this, my PAT
score is always at least a 20 on the practice tests.

Thanks.
 
I folded the corners of the scratch paper to make them into angles for the "angles comparison section" during the computerized DAT....hehe. They didnt say I couldnt do it. 😀
 
if you have a decent gpa and a 18 or better in all areas you will NO problem getting into school unless you act like a idiot at the interview. at most school the average dat score for enrolled students varies from 16-21. 19 is great 21 is almost a garanteed acceptance hay i a 17 and i just finised my 2nd year of course i have a great personality to go with it.
 
The biggest part of taking the DAT is time management. If you are nailing 19s right now, you definitely in the game. Problem I had was during my practice tests----I would always, you know 😉, have time to finish that last question. On the "real" test---man... that screen simply goes blank when time is up. So work on being under-the-gun. And if you score 19s across the board, w/ good grades and a passion for dentistry----you'll be just fine. Good luck.

R.R.B