1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dental, Oct 18, 2001.

1. dental

dental Member
    7+ Year Member

How exactly does the scoring of the DAT work?
    Percentile?

What would a 25 on Org chem score on the percentile?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey dental,

i got a 25 on orgo and remember that the percentile wasn't as high as I thought it'd be...don't remember the exact # but I can check for you, i think it was around 93-94? i'll let u know.

btw, thanks for the scoop on washington...so do you think it'd be a waste for me to go out there after dec. 1st...i mean, do u think it'd be more of a formality than an actual shot at getting in?

4. gradM.S.

gradM.S. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I actually got a 22 on o chem and the percentile was a 93. A 25 would be around 95% I am assuming.

5. dental

dental Member
    7+ Year Member

hey waiting!

what other interviews do you have scheduled?
    it's hard to say about washington. they are so hardcore with high scores. but if you have solid gpa 3.7-4.0 and 25 dat scores, then you might win their favor.
    i have a few friends that had 3.79, 3.8 gpa and excellent dat scores, but didn't get accepted to uw(and they are wa residents too) :mad: but who knows, your interview might be great and you'll get accepted

6. Dentista

Dentista Member
    7+ Year Member

i took the dat this past june and got a 23 in organic which was 97th or 98th percentile. i think it just depends on how others taking the test score.