Dat?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by kmij23, Nov 8, 2002.

1. kmij23

kmij23 New Member

Hello, this is my first post but I enjoy reading all the posts on this forum for the past few months. I am wondering how difficult is it and how should I prepare for DAT in order to get a 19s or above?

After submitting the application to AADSAS, when will each school receive my application materials? When will the schools start to review my application if my scheduled DAT is in Dec?

I am interested in applying for all schools in CA. With my overall GPA of 3.16, science 3.35 and BCP of 3.54, and pending DAT score, what are my chances?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. s.mutans

s.mutans Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Welcome!

Where in CALI are you from?

I would extend my applications to schools outside of California.

I was not able to attend Kaplan courses, but I used their methods and materials. I have been out of school for 2 years now and I reviewed on my own roughly one month.

My GPA is 3.44 and BCP about 3.1 I received average stats on DATS
    Math 18
    BIO 17
    OCHEM 19
    CHem 18
    Percep 20
    Read 22

academic 19

I also applied June 5th 2 days after start up. It took them a long time to process applications. I received info from schools about Late September. and OCtober

I think why schools are interviewing me is because of my 1) early application and 2) 2 years dental experience: I am a truck driving(tooth mobile) dental assistant who has some expertise in database(microsoft access) management and oral health screening epidemiological analyses(Epi Info 2000) 3) Expressed commitment from my essay in Prevention and new "Paradigm Shift" of dentistry.

Interviewed at: UNLV, USC, UCSF, NYU and will be interviewing in Boston and NOVA this month.

I am not sure of how I will be accepted. I will probably be put in a waiting list. I am just happy that I was interviewed.

As you can see applying early has its advantages and it really depends on what you have.

People in the forum may tell you that you are applying too late I am one of those who will agree with them because of my own stats. The early application really helps out.

BUT, BUT!! there is always hope and if you have time and resources go for it. It looks like you have way better stats. Just kick butt on the DATS. There is plenty of past forum discussions on DATS here.

I don't have resources. I am dirt poor!! This application process is costing me an arm and a leg.

Sorry for the lenghthy post. I guess I am just venting on anxiety from the 24 day countdown to December 2.

I hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK!!