Dating Nurses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dating is rampant in india , serial dating is taboo , living together is common in some parts like bangalore and mumbai , but not all over india ,. most people are virgins before marriage , especially those belonging to the middle class , academically inclined families . most of my relatives are NRI s in academic jobs . If it is an arranged marriage , high chances that he will be an NRI . arranged marriages is the norm , while love marriages are increasing . love marriages are not taboo anymore . Some of my relatives , they belong to the generation of my grandfather , they went to England one of them, married to some baroness and never came back . Nobody wants to marry an American , british etc we want to marry within our own culture . Given the high incidence of NRI s in my family , I thought i know much about their style of dating , marriage , live togethers , unisex hostels etc . I m proven wrong though , this concept of serial dating came as a complete shock . in fact , as i stumbled upon this thread , I thought a bunch of antisocial elements were making comments like "do as much damage " just for fun . I tried to correct them .
who am i to change the American Culture ?
I really appreciate the style of medical education in America . THis forum too has helped me a lot . I may come for further education . I will definitely NOT practice in the US . Why on earth should I leave the 2nd most populous nation to find patients in the US ? you may say Money . Let me tell you , no matter how much we try to hide it , everyone is racist . Why should an American come to an img for his or her health care leaving behind an amg ? How will the common man know who is a better doctor ? answer is : definitely not an img . Whereas an American stamp will fetch me a lot of patients here in India . Plus my country needs me . There are obvious doctor_repellants in India like lack of govt funds for research , reservation system (THE major repellant) . Everyone has struggles in life . Getting a chance in a well ranked Govt aided college , amidst the most adverse of situations means the resrvation system cannot affect me .
Different cultures have different things as Taboos . Transparency is important . each party should be clear and honest about what he/she is expecting .

I m sorry , i did not intend to change the topic of this thread at all .
If dating is OK but serial dating is not, what is the alternative strategy? Parallel dating?