Dating/Relationships and PT School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

schnell8

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, well some of you are going to get to know me a lot better from this topic as I will be putting a few personal details here. But I am only doing this for YOUR own sake as a heads up!

First of all, I haven't started school yet. I start in 2 months in September. But from what I have been told, they say to make sure you know what your doing in your dating life or with your relationships because you won't have a lot of time to put in. With that being said, make sure you truly know that person before you start school! If something should happen when you start school, it could screw things up big time for you and your future. Alright, so why am I saying this and where am I going with this...time to get to know me a bit...haha

I dated a girl for 2 years. Everything was great. She supported me and made some sacrifices for me to get ready for PT school. Being the naive love-sick puppy I was, I signed a 2 year lease with her a few months ago and got a puppy and everything and I was just set and ready to go (BIG stupid mistakes right there). We were in a great location and everything. I trusted her and was even considering buying a ring soon. About a month in to our lease, she started doing things that made me question her judgement a bit and took me by surprise. I then caught her in a lie which REALLY surprised me. Now that some of the trust was lost, I had more questions. We both got a new phone recently (on separate plans thank god..lol) and one night while she was at work, I saw her old phone sitting on the table...I know it was a taboo thing to do but since I caught her in that lie, I just had to look due to some of my suspicions. And sure enough, I found everything I needed to see on that phone and moved out immediately...

So now that you know my story about that, what can you take out of this. Well I was fortunate enough to find out about this when I did because I was destroyed for a few weeks. I know if I was in that same mind frame while in the first semester at school, that semester would have been done as well as my future as a PT. Not to mention, if your with someone long enough to the point where your living together, there are is the nasty mess of dealing with a lease - DEFINITELY something you will not want to handle during school.

I know I am putting myself out there with this post but I am serious when I say that before you start school, make sure everything truly is bliss for you and your significant other. If your having doubts or suspicions, it might be time to have a talk or investigate even...lol I'm no relationship guru so do what you think in that department but just know that everything is really ok before you start school. I was fortunate to find out before I started (and trust me, i am still trying to clean up this mess before I start in 2 months) but there are several cases where people find out during school and it can really mess things up.

Gfs, bfs, partners...they all come and go...but PT school is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Know your relationships and know them well...for the sake of your future! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, well some of you are going to get to know me a lot better from this topic as I will be putting a few personal details here. But I am only doing this for YOUR own sake as a heads up!

First of all, I haven't started school yet. I start in 2 months in September. But from what I have been told, they say to make sure you know what your doing in your dating life or with your relationships because you won't have a lot of time to put in. With that being said, make sure you truly know that person before you start school! If something should happen when you start school, it could screw things up big time for you and your future. Alright, so why am I saying this and where am I going with this...time to get to know me a bit...haha

I dated a girl for 2 years. Everything was great. She supported me and made some sacrifices for me to get ready for PT school. Being the naive love-sick puppy I was, I signed a 2 year lease with her a few months ago and got a puppy and everything and I was just set and ready to go (BIG stupid mistakes right there). We were in a great location and everything. I trusted her and was even considering buying a ring soon. About a month in to our lease, she started doing things that made me question her judgement a bit and took me by surprise. I then caught her in a lie which REALLY surprised me. Now that some of the trust was lost, I had more questions. We both got a new phone recently (on separate plans thank god..lol) and one night while she was at work, I saw her old phone sitting on the table...I know it was a taboo thing to do but since I caught her in that lie, I just had to look due to some of my suspicions. And sure enough, I found everything I needed to see on that phone and moved out immediately...

So now that you know my story about that, what can you take out of this. Well I was fortunate enough to find out about this when I did because I was destroyed for a few weeks. I know if I was in that same mind frame while in the first semester at school, that semester would have been done as well as my future as a PT. Not to mention, if your with someone long enough to the point where your living together, there are is the nasty mess of dealing with a lease - DEFINITELY something you will not want to handle during school.

I know I am putting myself out there with this post but I am serious when I say that before you start school, make sure everything truly is bliss for you and your significant other. If your having doubts or suspicions, it might be time to have a talk or investigate even...lol I'm no relationship guru so do what you think in that department but just know that everything is really ok before you start school. I was fortunate to find out before I started (and trust me, i am still trying to clean up this mess before I start in 2 months) but there are several cases where people find out during school and it can really mess things up.

Gfs, bfs, partners...they all come and go...but PT school is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Know your relationships and know them well...for the sake of your future! :)

Grrr.. some girls are the worst! Great advice though, best of luck in PT school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
This only means one thing. Schnell's on the market, ladies watch out haha

The moral of the story is we learned to not sell your soul to a succubus. Of course heartbreaks suck but on the bright side, she's not pregnant!...otherwise the start of the first semester would be quite the roller coaster ;)

This only means one thing. Schnell's on the market, ladies watch out haha

The moral of the story is we learned to not sell your soul to a succubus. Of course heartbreaks suck but on the bright side, she's not pregnant!...otherwise the start of the first semester would be quite the roller coaster ;)

lol, TRUE *cracks knuckles* hit me up ladies... ;) and TRUE *wipes sweat from forehead* yikes! :eek: haha

Many SPTs start school in a relationship. By November, half are single. By December, they are in a relationship again...

Hrmm...don't know if rebound joke or dating within cohort joke...

lol, TRUE *cracks knuckles* hit me up ladies... ;) and TRUE *wipes sweat from forehead* yikes! :eek: haha

Start with a credit check and rank them like how state schools rank applicants.

Start with a credit check and rank them like how state schools rank applicants.

MDCAS - My Dating Centralized Application System - Apply HERE.

*looks at watch* It looks like December is my month then!

Online dating is where its at....
Plentyoffish.com
#likefishinabarrel

Many SPTs start school in a relationship. By November, half are single. By December, they are in a relationship again...

Hrmm...don't know if rebound joke or dating within cohort joke...

I have put too much thought into this...I would have say....Both?? haha :laugh:

The comments on here are hilarious. I am in a relationship and barely just applying to PT school and my bf is already getting jealous of the future and telling me to make time for him when I get to PT school. But in PT school arent you busy 90% studying and in class and the other %10 eating, sleeping, showering... I don't think there is any time for him :(

The comments on here are hilarious. I am in a relationship and barely just applying to PT school and my bf is already getting jealous of the future and telling me to make time for him when I get to PT school. But in PT school arent you busy 90% studying and in class and the other %10 eating, sleeping, showering... I don't think there is any time for him :(

I actually got off the phone with a 2nd year student at my university. Pretty much, if you stick to your guns and study throughout the day when you have the time, you will be able to make time for social life in the evenings.

To put it simple, if you want to stay with him, you can make it work. lol

If someone is worth it, Its amazing how we can fit them into our schedules.............at least thats what I'm telling myself since i just met a great girl, definite long term prospect after a year of me not dating and a 5 year relationship prior to that. My timing is impeccable. We will also be living an hour away, not bad, not good, Oh my whoa is me ( lamenting sesame street type melody)