datQvault...how does it compare to the real DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Teeth12345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've heard a lot about DAT Destroyer, Kaplan, Cliffs, but not so much about datQvault. My test date is approaching and I'm trying to spend the rest of my time getting in some final Bio memorizing. I don't know if I should spend more time with Destroyer or datQvault. The questions in Destroyer seem more difficult to me...but I really like the detailed explanations on datQvault. That being said, I don't want to waste my time if the questions are too easy.

So my question is for all you who have taken the DAT and used datQvault. Would you say the Bio questions are comparable??

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

bump. i took all 10 of the q vaults and liked em a lot. found 2 errors. one about Intramembranous ossification and one which says in vitro fertilization takes place in the urethra (though the explanation gives the correct answer). i think it was mr.fantastik who said they where great, and he slaughtered the test

bump. i took all 10 of the q vaults and liked em a lot. found 2 errors. one about Intramembranous ossification and one which says in vitro fertilization takes place in the urethra (though the explanation gives the correct answer). i think it was mr.fantastik who said they where great, and he slaughtered the test

awesome so you can take the DAT and let me know how it compares. I'm sure you'll kill the Bio section. Good luck!! :luck:

I am wondering the same thing as both of you. I just checked out this site and it looks legit. I would like to hear about other peoples opinions though. I really need help with the bio portion :scared: as you can tell from my practice test score.

Members don't see this ad :)
q-vault is awesome. idk if it will pay off just yet. but 400 questions with answers for free is awesome and those charts on the side dominate for taxonomy .

wall you paid $22 for the question did you not? you only get 101 free? unless im mistaken.

if you write a question per benchmark, you can get all 10 benchmarks free. thats 400 questions

thanks Teeth thats great! you saved me $20 bucks lol and then i keep doing the same thing to access more information? id love to access all this for free?

Wait, so if you can gain access to the full content on DATQVault just by submitting a question instead of paying, then does that mean that the DatQVault is made up of questions that were submitted by other users?

Wait, so if you can gain access to the full content on DATQVault just by submitting a question instead of paying, then does that mean that the DatQVault is made up of questions that were submitted by other users?

That's also what I was wondering. I hope that it also has questions that are like the real DAT...that's why I kinda hope more people who have taken the DAT and who used datQvault will let us know how it compares.

ok so I don't know if those bio questions are actually submitted by other students. I tried to write a question and the site won't allow me to write a question about biology. I can choose between ochem, genchem, and QR so maybe they make their own bio questions but are looking to expand to cover ochem, gchem, QR with submitted questions.
Either way, I've been using this site and love it. Even if you have to pay the $21 because you don't want to write questions, I still think it's worth it. $21 for ten tests plus questions...worth it IMO.

ok so I don't know if those bio questions are actually submitted by other students. I tried to write a question and the site won't allow me to write a question about biology. I can choose between ochem, genchem, and QR so maybe they make their own bio questions but are looking to expand to cover ochem, gchem, QR with submitted questions.
Either way, I've been using this site and love it. Even if you have to pay the $21 because you don't want to write questions, I still think it's worth it. $21 for ten tests plus questions...worth it IMO.

OR maybe they already have enough bio question submitted by others and now they are looking to expand into the other test sections. But yeah, i'll probably use it anyway for more practice. we will know how helpful it really is when we take the DAT. At this point, i've got nothing to lose.

DATQVault is awesome I took the DAT about a year ago, I would say its pretty similar, the Bio section of the DAT is just pretty random though so its sort of like the luck of the draw.

This may sound stupid but was just wondering, which is the best way to use datqvault. I mean, should you do individual topics or just take all the test?

Thanks.

This may sound stupid but was just wondering, which is the best way to use datqvault. I mean, should you do individual topics or just take all the test?

Thanks.

both

I took the first benchmark test and based on my results, I answered practice questions from my weak areas. I've been spacing out my bechmark tests a couple days and in between, I do the problems they have on the site.

both

I took the first benchmark test and based on my results, I answered practice questions from my weak areas. I've been spacing out my bechmark tests a couple days and in between, I do the problems they have on the site.

Thanks...

The reason I was asking was...so far I have just looked at the free stuff available on the website and it seemed like the both - practice questions and benchmark questions were similar..

But I guess if spaced out over few days like you are doing, then it should be fine.