Program-Specific Info / Q's Davenport

Started by OT/2016
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hi everyone!
I'm in the process of applying to Davenport's OT program for Fall 2019. On their website it says "documented" shadow hours. Does anyone know if there is a form the OT has to sign, or is logging the hours under "observations" in OTCAS enough? Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!
I'm in the process of applying to Davenport's OT program for Fall 2019. On their website it says "documented" shadow hours. Does anyone know if there is a form the OT has to sign, or is logging the hours under "observations" in OTCAS enough? Thank you!

You may have to make your own log sheet and go back to your shadowed OT and have them sign it. I always made my own, documented my time in and out, and have them sign each day. It would be hard to remember the days you shadowed and time too, but try your best. Or if the facility has their own log sheet, fill it out. Best of luck! I would also contact Davenport and clarify.
 
Hi everyone!
I'm in the process of applying to Davenport's OT program for Fall 2019. On their website it says "documented" shadow hours. Does anyone know if there is a form the OT has to sign, or is logging the hours under "observations" in OTCAS enough? Thank you!
I'm applying to the 2019 program as well, when I emailed them they said to make your own log with the start and end time, the dat, the location, the signature, and the therapists email in case the school wants to contact them. Hope this helps
 
I hope this is an okay place to post, but has anyone heard anything back from Davenport? I applied for 2019 as well, and when I asked when they’d start responding I was told April or May.