David Miscaviage Video - Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

capricious916

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I am absolutely shocked that this isn't being HEAVILY discussed here. I registered thinking I would see all kinds of professional discussions about the real dangers this cultist organization is perpetuating on a global scale. It is seriously in your best interest to read and look at what I am presenting to you all.

This is not some copy and paste either, I really seriously sat here for about 10 minutes and typed all this out after seeing this video.

At any rate, I highly encourage you to understand exactly what Scientology has to do with Psychiatry. This is David Miscaviage, the President and LEADER of Scientology itself in a leaked internal movie where he is practically declaring WAR on Psychiatry as a whole and even explains how they can achieve this:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=hfu7Sr50N7U

This is pure and absolute MADNESS. What's the scariest part? This is a BILLION DOLLAR organization!!! They literally DO have the power to hurt this industry more than you could imagine! So you probably wonder, well if they want to abolish psychiatry, what on earth would they propose replacing it with? Well, here you go:

http://video.google.com/url?docid=-799954787514590907&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=1440&q=scientology%2Btraining&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-799954787514590907&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-799954787514590907%26q%3Dscientology%2Btraining%26total%3D25%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D0&usg=AL29H238fu8Xk-U1xEmk7fBmHAJuHOyQUw

Please, PLEASE do whatever all of you can to make sure this psychotic organization is brought to light for what it REALLY is. PLEASE educate yourself on the TRUTH of this scam of a religion and PLEASE spread the word to anyone you can. The whole trick to this "religion" is that once you learn that it is a trick, you are forever immune to their brainwashing.

This is a great simple overview of Scientology and how it is able to achieve its terrifying level of power over people:
http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

I highly suggest you also check out http://www.xenutv.com and look at any of their many videos of these poor brainwashed people in action.

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE TO GO ON FOR THE SAKE OF HUMANITY! LITERALLY!

There is an enormous congregation of random individuals who, since this whole Tom Cruise thing, were turned on to researching exactly what this religion was about. It is impossible for you to not be equally shocked at what you will learn. There will be a GLOBAL protest (yes, GLOBAL) on February 10th. This movement is becoming extremely large, but do not take my word for it. Anyone who is interested in participating in this protest has and is signing up at http://harbl.wetfish.net/cosplay/ -- just SEE how many people are so outraged by this that they are all taking to the streets!!

Thank you VERY much for your time and I apologize for "spamming" your board. This DOES directly relate to all of you and its KEY you are all informed!!! I am genuinely curious as to the feedback you will have to give.

Of course, any suggestions are appreciated on what we as individuals can do. We will be protesting and having a massive letter writing campaign. So far, these are the only two realistic ideas we have collectively come up with. Of course we are trying to get as much media coverage on this issue as possible as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I am personally an outspoken critic of Scientology because of the egregious abuse of human rights, money laundering, and splitting of families within the organization (and a great admirer of what Andreas has done at Operation Clambake); however, there are a few reasons you are not seeing discussion on this board about it. First, the organization's one-sided protest is more against psychiatry than psychology, and this would be a psychology board. Second, I feel that the profession doesn't speak out because A) it leads to ugly legal battles that distract from improving and promoting our own ideas and B) the majority of the general public either knows that Scientology is a crock or doesn't really care. Should the mental health community speak out against Scientology directly? It's probably not needed. A better course is educating the public on the good things the mental health community achieves without engaging in a battle where the other side makes crap up. I think a comment from the American Psychiatric Association best sums up the rationale for not making so much "direct" noise about Scientology:
The American Psychiatric
Association has been anything but
silent when it comes to the truth
about mental illnesses. But we have
chosen not to do battle with our critics
every time they launch a fusillade
at psychiatry. Their propaganda speaks
for itself as extremist and antiscience.
Instead, we prefer to use our resources in a positive manner, reaching out to
the public through campaigns such as
Mental Illness Awareness Week, National
Depression Screening Day, and
National Mental Health Month…

The American Psychological Association hasn't really said much about it since they are not as much prone to direct attacks from the cult; however, right after Dianetics came out, they told members to avoid giving any related types of therapy in a 1950 resolution:

While suspending judgement concerning the eventual validity of the claims made by the author of Dianetics, the American Psychological Association calls attention to the fact that these claims are not supported by empirical evidence of the sort required for the establishment of scientific generalizations. In the public interest, the Association, in the absence of such evidence, recommends to its members that the use of the techniques peculiar to Dianetics be limited to scientific investigations designed to test the validity of its claims.

So, the field HAS spoken, just not with the ferocity that the current Anonymous movement has. As for the 2/10 protests, I see nothing wrong with them. I just remind people that you will be countered by some strange people who try to find a reason to get you arrested.

This is an example of the media coverage we are receiving:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18764756

Layleh: Thank you for your input. I really do appreciate it and understand all your positions as professionals. It wasn't my goal by posting this to involve you in our protests or anything, but just to raise the awareness. After watching that video I was absolutely flabbergasted. I, like many people, will be calling our local news agencies tomorrow specifically to try and have this video given airtime. Never in my life have I felt there is a true threat to humanity like this. It's nothing short of shocking!!!

I will still check back for any more opinions. If you feel you have something you'd like to add but are not comfortable posting here, please feel free to PM me as well.

Thanks again for your time everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.