Davis Hold/ waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorMalki

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what the difference is between Davis' hold and waitlist? I remember Terri saying no one was on the wailist but I was put on hold ( post interview) in november so I don't know if anything has changed since then. Any idea when the hold people are going to be reviewed? Is their waitlist ranked? Thanks ! :)

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorMalki said:
does anyone know what the difference is between Davis' hold and waitlist? I remember Terri saying no one was on the wailist but I was put on hold ( post interview) in november so I don't know if anything has changed since then. Any idea when the hold people are going to be reviewed? Is their waitlist ranked? Thanks ! :)

Has anyone heard of hold information? I emailed Terri and she said that people on hold will know by June 1st, after the golden May 15th date. God that's a long time to wait. Supposedly, March 31st was the last day of interviews. Anyone hear otherwise about the hold list?

I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but I received an e-mail saying that I was kept for further review, but with no dates attached. So I'm assuming that this means I'm "on hold" as well. As far as I know, we have to hear something by may 15th though. Isn't that like med school law or something? I'm going to call terri and bother her next week though. So maybe I'll have more info then.

Uegis said:
Has anyone heard of hold information? I emailed Terri and she said that people on hold will know by June 1st, after the golden May 15th date. God that's a long time to wait. Supposedly, March 31st was the last day of interviews. Anyone hear otherwise about the hold list?

Members don't see this ad :)
casmuppet22 said:
I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but I received an e-mail saying that I was kept for further review, but with no dates attached. So I'm assuming that this means I'm "on hold" as well. As far as I know, we have to hear something by may 15th though. Isn't that like med school law or something? I'm going to call terri and bother her next week though. So maybe I'll have more info then.

I think that is similar to a hold. Keep us updated. DoctorMalki, have you received or heard any news recently?

Uegis said:
I think that is similar to a hold. Keep us updated. DoctorMalki, have you received or heard any news recently?

Hi Ugeis, How are you? I haven't heard a thing from Davis. I am surprised at what Terri told you because she told me that our files would be looked at in April and a decision will be made, but this was a couple of months ago. I have been waiting since November, so I guess I can wait two more months. Do you know if the waitlist is ranked?

DoctorMalki said:
Hi Ugeis, How are you? I haven't heard a thing from Davis. I am surprised at what Terri told you because she told me that our files would be looked at in April and a decision will be made, but this was a couple of months ago. I have been waiting since November, so I guess I can wait two more months. Do you know if the waitlist is ranked?

DoctorMalki, in previous years, the waitlist was ranked, but the admissions office won't give you your number on the list. Instead, they divide that ranked list into three tiers and Terri would tell you which tier you are if you are waitlisted. Reading back at previous years thread, there is still a chance to get rejected after hold, so I'm a bit nervous about even getting on the waitlist.

Anyone else hear more information about the list? Bumpity Bump

i just got put on (post-interview) hold. it seems kind of late in the season... anyone know when they are likely to decide things?

HI beep, I am sorry to hear about your hold. Terri said we should hear sometime in the end of may -early june if I recall correctly. SO I guess we have some waiting ahead of us.

This is the official UCD post-interview hold support group. Hope everyone can relax a bit now that we know that we won't find out until June. So what is everyone doing in between this time? I'm working and bumming, trying to not stress too much. Weather's been great in NorCal lately, so I can't complain.

Hi, I'd like to join the group. I interviewed late (2nd to last week of march) and got the hold email this morning. I sent an update letter earlier this week, but I doubt it got there in time before they made this decision. Bummer, because my interview went weird - although my host said she had an awful interview and ended up getting in. I am holding out hope for Davis, but not stressing until, say, late May.

Good luck to all, I hope we hear good news in the future.

So, I interviewed in mid february and have been put in this damn "on hold" group as well. So I called and spoke to terri on monday (4/18) to try and figure it out. I asked her when I could hear and she said by June 1st. So I said, "the may 15th deadline doesn't hold for your school?" and she said "yes, it does.." So I pointed out to her that if I would hear by June 1st but they adhere to the May 15th deadline, that this did not make sense. She said, and I quote, "A decision has been made on your application, just not a final one." And since I didn't even give her my name when I called, I assume that this would go for all of us. Just thought I'd share the confusion. I think we should all harass her some more...poor woman.

casmuppet22 said:
So, I interviewed in mid february and have been put in this damn "on hold" group as well. So I called and spoke to terri on monday (4/18) to try and figure it out. I asked her when I could hear and she said by June 1st. So I said, "the may 15th deadline doesn't hold for your school?" and she said "yes, it does.." So I pointed out to her that if I would hear by June 1st but they adhere to the May 15th deadline, that this did not make sense. She said, and I quote, "A decision has been made on your application, just not a final one." And since I didn't even give her my name when I called, I assume that this would go for all of us. Just thought I'd share the confusion. I think we should all harass her some more...poor woman.

From Terri's comments, it seems to indicate that they know who they want to place on waitlist or reject already. That's even more unnerving. Terri is really nice though, so I am going to refrain from calling her until May 15th. Back to waiting.

Hi guys, It probably won't help, since I was just as anxious when I was in your shoes, but I am a third year at Davis and got an acceptance email on June 14th (I remember because it was the day of my undergrad graduation). Hang in there! I'd be happy to answer any questions too...

Members don't see this ad :)
If they already know who is going to be rejected why don't they just let those candidates know?

I like Ugeis' idea of making this thread the davis hold support thread :) I am still in school and I have a severe case of senioritis. Davis is by far my top choice. I don't think I felt like I belonged more at any another school. Davis just fit well with everything I want in a med school. Too bad they are so picky ! I haven't started getting nervous yet but I am will nairay on this one... i'll start panicking in june :)

AnnaLee said:
Hi guys, It probably won't help, since I was just as anxious when I was in your shoes, but I am a third year at Davis and got an acceptance email on June 14th (I remember because it was the day of my undergrad graduation). Hang in there! I'd be happy to answer any questions too...

were you also on hold? Did you send any update letters ? Thanks so much for your input ! :)

Any new news? How was everyone's weekend? Did you get your computer fixed DoctorMalki? BUMP

Hi guys! 2nd look weekend was a blast. Met some very good people. Just wanted to tell you that I talked to Ed about the waitlist. He said that there's 100 (or 150? sorry guys I don't remember exactly) ppl on it.

At the 2nd look, my impression was that a lot of people were deciding btwn UCD and one other school. Most of the other schools were privates. A handful were also waiting to get off the UCSF waitlist. So there could be movement I hope for you guys.

wxl31 said:
Hi guys! 2nd look weekend was a blast. Met some very good people. Just wanted to tell you that I talked to Ed about the waitlist. He said that there's 100 (or 150? sorry guys I don't remember exactly) ppl on it.

At the 2nd look, my impression was that a lot of people were deciding btwn UCD and one other school. Most of the other schools were privates. A handful were also waiting to get off the UCSF waitlist. So there could be movement I hope for you guys.

So does that mean the waitlist is already generated? Haha, you probably don't know the answer to that. Glad you had a good time. Weather was a bit funky this weekend though. Did you get time to go apartment hunting? Hope there is plenty of movement on the UCSF waitlist this year =)

DoctorMalki said:
were you also on hold? Did you send any update letters ? Thanks so much for your input ! :)

I actually did send an update letter, with my winter grades and graduation kind of stuff, and to "express my continued interest." I dont know if that helped or not, I know other people didn't send anything. As far as the hold thing, I was never told one way or the other what my status was after I interviewed. My year was kinda screwed up because of all the AMCAS problems, so the whole process was pushed back. I think I was on the waiting list though, because I know many of my classmates got accepted way before me. But I would say at least a third got in May or later.
Anyway, good luck everyone. I absolutely love this school, and am finishing my third year with a smile! Even the surgeons are nice here, and thats amazing. Hope to see some of you in the fall!

Uegis said:
Any new news? How was everyone's weekend? Did you get your computer fixed DoctorMalki? BUMP

Hey Uegis1 How's it going? I had a pretty average weekend. Just tried to catch up on work that I have been putting off for weeks ! My computer is finally working ! It's so sad how dependent we are on this machine. I went crazy when I didn't have it for 3 weeks.

I didn't think the waitlist was generated yet. Did anyone get notified about the wailist? Better yet does anyone want to call Terri and ask her what is going on? :) She told me we should hear by june 1 but nothing about the wailist.

Hi guys,
I went to the ReVisit weekend last weekend and talked with a lot of admitted students. It appears that many of them are still trying to make their decision. So, best of luck to you all, I hope spots open up, particularly for DoctorMalki !!! I need a study buddy! :D

PreMedAdAG said:
Hi guys,
I went to the ReVisit weekend last weekend and talked with a lot of admitted students. It appears that many of them are still trying to make their decision. So, best of luck to you all, I hope spots open up, particularly for DoctorMalki !!! I need a study buddy! :D

aww thanks PreMedAdAG, you are so sweet... I really hope so too ! How have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while ! How was revisit weekend ?

PreMedAdAG said:
Hi guys,

Yea, we need more schools to throw money around at them, haha. Waiting sucks. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you DoctorMalki, waiting since November. But at least you are in at Rosy. For me, just the idea of moving away from this safe haven of mine is a bit daunting. C'mon Davis, PLEEEAAASEEE TAKE ME!!

DoctorMalki said:
aww thanks PreMedAdAG, you are so sweet... I really hope so too ! How have you been? Haven't heard from you in a while ! How was revisit weekend ?

I've just been chillin out really. Almost done with work, just got a place in davis, so I'm just basically twiddling my thumbs waiting for school to start. I have a trip planned for mexico in June, a bunch of weddings and another trip out to chicago. I saw that you got into Ros. AWESOME! That was my other top choice I loved that school! Anyway, revisit weekend was good, I couldn't go to all of it, but it was really motivating and nice to meet some potential classmates. I'm crossing my fingers for you and if you get in, I'll definitely help you out with looking for a place so you can get a deal and be close to campus too!

Talk soon!
Christine

PreMedAdAG said:
I've just been chillin out really. Almost done with work, just got a place in davis, so I'm just basically twiddling my thumbs waiting for school to start. I have a trip planned for mexico in June, a bunch of weddings and another trip out to chicago. I saw that you got into Ros. AWESOME! That was my other top choice I loved that school! Anyway, revisit weekend was good, I couldn't go to all of it, but it was really motivating and nice to meet some potential classmates. I'm crossing my fingers for you and if you get in, I'll definitely help you out with looking for a place so you can get a deal and be close to campus too!

Talk soon!
Christine

Thanks so much !! Have fun at the weddings and your trips. yeah I loved chicago when I went there, it's a great city. But nothing beats Davis :D I'll let you know if I hear anything :)

Need to keep this within the first few pages =) There's probably not much to update right now since no lists are made yet. On another note, just had some labs done and a physical for med school. Let's just say that I feel violated now :oops:

I forgot to add. PreMedAdAg is definitely one cool chica. She hooked me up with a list she compiled of interview questions before my interview. Again, thanks for your help. Too bad I might not be able to join you at UCD. Hope you have some great trips and don't get too drunk at the weddings ( I always do...)

Uegis said:
Need to keep this within the first few pages =) There's probably not much to update right now since no lists are made yet. On another note, just had some labs done and a physical for med school. Let's just say that I feel violated now :oops:

I forgot to add. PreMedAdAg is definitely one cool chica. She hooked me up with a list she compiled of interview questions before my interview. Again, thanks for your help. Too bad I might not be able to join you at UCD. Hope you have some great trips and don't get too drunk at the weddings ( I always do...)

She sure is ! :) Be positive Uegis... we'll all be at UCD this time next year !!! :D

Anyone hear from admissions lately? I'm kind of surprised I haven't gotten a letter from Davis yet - interviewed March 24th. Is it good or bad not to hear back at this time frame? Anyone on the same boat? I called Davis, but they didn't offer any info. Said to wait another week and call again, lol. Done that 2-3 times now...

domukin said:
Anyone hear from admissions lately? I'm kind of surprised I haven't gotten a letter from Davis yet - interviewed March 24th. Is it good or bad not to hear back at this time frame? Anyone on the same boat? I called Davis, but they didn't offer any info. Said to wait another week and call again, lol. Done that 2-3 times now...

They said give them around 8 weeks. Took them that long to get back to me.

Just got a call this morning. I'll be going to Davis next fall, :D

Good luck everyone :luck:

domukin said:

Congrats. Guess the class is not completely full yet. More waiting...

domukin said:

Congrats domukin! That's awesome news ! :)

Friend of mine emailed Terri. She said that there are still a few late interviewees that needs to be reviewed, then waitlist is generated. This is going to be done within the next two weeks. Good luck my UCD SOM Hold-listers!

Oooh, how nerve-racking! It's almost late May! Good luck to all of you too!

Uegis said:
Friend of mine emailed Terri. She said that there are still a few late interviewees that needs to be reviewed, then waitlist is generated. This is going to be done within the next two weeks. Good luck my UCD SOM Hold-listers!

That's surprising... maybe that's why she said we would hear by june and not may 15th :) How is everyone doing? May 15th is almost here and this is getting down to the wire. But looking back at the process I guess the worse times are behind us. Atleast now we know that the waitlists are not really in our control so we can just sit back and enjoy the show ! :)

DoctorMalki said:
That's surprising... maybe that's why she said we would hear by june and not may 15th :) How is everyone doing? May 15th is almost here and this is getting down to the wire. But looking back at the process I guess the worse times are behind us. Atleast now we know that the waitlists are not really in our control so we can just sit back and enjoy the show ! :)

Yup. I can't wait for some closure to this. I love UCD so much. I'm just praying that I get at least a shot on the waitlist. Whiel waiting, I've been debating on where to go between AECOM and Rochester. Need to decide soon. But more anxious about UCD. Good luck everyone!

Well, this is starting to get depressing. All I know is that I didn't get a student interview when I went and I think that's reason for an appeal if I get rejected...what do you guys think? I REALLY want to go there! I already sent an update letter. Is there anything else you guys think I can do? I'll probably send another letter tomorow. Anything short of harrassment, right? :) Ok, guys, good luck!

casmuppet22 said:
Well, this is starting to get depressing. All I know is that I didn't get a student interview when I went and I think that's reason for an appeal if I get rejected...what do you guys think? I REALLY want to go there! I already sent an update letter. Is there anything else you guys think I can do? I'll probably send another letter tomorow. Anything short of harrassment, right? :) Ok, guys, good luck!

I was disappointed I didn't get a student interview either (how was I supposed to know they were all on spring break when scheduling, given only a week's notice to travel there and everything?!), and, given that my faculty interview went "weird," I'm not keeping my hopes up. But I really, really liked the school and I hope we all hear good news soon!

casmuppet22 said:

I didn't get a student interviewer either, I really don't think it matters much. I did however send in a Letter of Intent and a thank you letter to my interviewer, dunno if it helped, but I'm sure it didn't hurt.

Hi all, just wanted to join in the waiting to hear more from Davis fun! I interviewed way back in October so another few months won't hurt, right? What are some of y'all's other choices? Right now for me I'm down to MCW - any other potential classmates?

Terri just called me to offer me a place in the class!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHH!!!!! I'm going back to CA!!!!!

I hope you all hear good news too!!!!!!

nairay said:

OMG !!! That's awesome !!! Congratulations !! :) :thumbup: :clap: :hardy: :clap:

nairay said:

Congrats! just out of curiousity when did you interview?

nairay said:

I hope you all hear good news too!!!!!![/QUOTE

Congrats! Were you on hold before they offered the spot?

utterlyconfused said:
Congrats! just out of curiousity when did you interview?

Thanks!

I interviewed really late, March twenty-something-ish. I sent in a letter of interest in january, and then another one after i interviewed.

Uegis said:
nairay said:

Yeah, i was placed on hold sometime in April.
I hope you hear positively from them, I know how much you want to go there too!

nairay said:
Uegis said:
Yeah, i was placed on hold sometime in April.
I hope you hear positively from them, I know how much you want to go there too!

Awesome! I hope I hear good news too. I PM'ed you, if you would kindly check

Hang in there guys. I know for a fact that one person declined a spot earlier today and they are expecting several more by Monday with the 15th coming. A big chunk of my class came off the waitlist so be patient... it should move more. Good luck :)

Uegis said:
nairay said:

YAY CLASSMATE!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :hardy:

LoneCoyote said:
Hang in there guys. I know for a fact that one person declined a spot earlier today and they are expecting several more by Monday with the 15th coming. A big chunk of my class came off the waitlist so be patient... it should move more. Good luck :)

I'll be doing some extra praying this weekend. My hope is that the other UC's waitlist starts cracking too so that will start a chain reaction. UCD PLEASE LOVE ME!