Davis Hold/ waitlist movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Uegis said:
I'll be doing some extra praying this weekend. My hope is that the other UC's waitlist starts cracking too so that will start a chain reaction. UCD PLEASE LOVE ME!

Me too !!! UCD show me lots of love :) I will be waiting restlessly starting monday :D

Members don't see this ad.

Well, call me crazy but I just gave up my spot. I hope that it goes to one of you guys! Good luck.

swimerpaco said:
Well, call me crazy but I just gave up my spot. I hope that it goes to one of you guys! Good luck.

Give a runt like me a bit better shot. So where you heading? USC? Good luck wherever you go!

Members don't see this ad :)
swimerpaco said:

Thank you !! :D Where are you going?

DoctorMalki said:
Thank you !! :D Where are you going?

UVA. I lived in the Davis area during high school and I am there now. I suppose this is my chance at a little adventure. It is time to see something new!

swimerpaco said:
UVA. I lived in the Davis area during high school and I am there now. I suppose this is my chance at a little adventure. It is time to see something new!

That's awesome. Good luck at UVA!

Any new acceptances or post-hold information for anyone? How was everyone's weekend? Mine was uneventful. Watched a few movies and then sat through the whole Animation Domination on Fox last night. I needed to keep my mind off UCD. Or else I'd go crazy.

Still no news yet? Anyone? I could barely concentrate on doing anything when I think that my fate could be decided soon.

Someone else just got off the hold list this morning. I'm starting to get so pessimistic. Good luck everyone.

Uegis said:
Someone else just got off the hold list this morning. I'm starting to get so pessimistic. Good luck everyone.

Man I check my phone for missed calls or messages after every class. This feels like the beginning of the cycle again when I was neurotically checking my mail and email. It would really help to know where we stand.

Don't worry Uegis, it's not over until its over ! Hang in there :)

I have a hell week coming up next week, midterms and papers and all so I will be pretty busy. Hopefully that will keep me from thinking about this too much.

DoctorMalki said:
Man I check my phone for missed calls or messages after every class. This feels like the beginning of the cycle again when I was neurotically checking my mail and email. It would really help to know where we stand.

Don't worry Uegis, it's not over until its over ! Hang in there :)

I have a hell week coming up next week, midterms and papers and all so I will be pretty busy. Hopefully that will keep me from thinking about this too much.

Good luck with the papers and midterms next week! I've been out of school so long, I can barely remember the feeling anymore. Guess I'll get a kick in the butt once med school starts.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello to my fellow future classmates. Congratulations! go off and have fun for the summer. The first quarter is really chill, they certainly ease you into it. Don't worry, don't study, lay on a beach and drink margaritas if you can. For those who haven't gotten in yet, don't worry because things tend to move at a slow pace around here. That's what you get in exchange for really relaxed, laid back faculty and administration. See you all at the Halloween party!

Hey guys, been reading this thread for awhile and sharing your on hold/waitlist pains. Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got an email from Terri and Dr. Bera inviting me on the alternate list. I guess they’ve started (or finished) deciding about those on hold…?

Hopefully, everyone will be able to get on (and then called off!) and we’ll meet in the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
qnisis said:
Hey guys, been reading this thread for awhile and sharing your on hold/waitlist pains. Just wanted to let you guys know that I just got an email from Terri and Dr. Bera inviting me on the alternate list. I guess they’ve started (or finished) deciding about those on hold…?

Hopefully, everyone will be able to get on (and then called off!) and we’ll meet in the fall.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Looks like this could be the end of the road for me. God, I seriously have been nervous this whole week and unable to concentrate much thinking about this. Guess there are no spots left after all.

Speak of the devil. Just got email for alternate list.

Uegis said:
Speak of the devil. Just got email for alternate list.

:luck: Don't give up - you've sent a LOI right?

Would it help anymore to send in a LOI now once on the alternate list, or is your fate pretty much decided by the list?

qnisis said:
Would it help anymore to send in a LOI now once on the alternate list, or is your fate pretty much decided by the list?

My roommate said LOI is pointless now. He got placed on alternate list, as did I. He said the admissions office said the pre-list is formed already. You basically already have a rank. Your position on it is now determined by who remains to stay on the list.

I will not be staying on the alternate list as I am matriculating at another UC, so that is one less person fighting for your spots. Good luck to all those brave enough to stay on the list.

I got the email too. I guess it's better than being rejected but I really wish they would just take us and end this agony :( Does anyone know when and if we can call to find out our rank within the alternate list? Also usually how many people get off the alternate list?

AnnaLee said:
I just wanted to pop in and say hello to my fellow future classmates. Congratulations! go off and have fun for the summer. The first quarter is really chill, they certainly ease you into it. Don't worry, don't study, lay on a beach and drink margaritas if you can. For those who haven't gotten in yet, don't worry because things tend to move at a slow pace around here. That's what you get in exchange for really relaxed, laid back faculty and administration. See you all at the Halloween party!
Hey! This is so exciting and you read my mind with the margaritas. I'm going to mexico to beach myself for a week in a couple weeks. Sooo excited to do nothing!! Anyway, thanks for saying hello and .... HALLOWEEN PARTY? Awesome, I love this school already!

DoctorMalki said:
I got the email too. I guess it's better than being rejected but I really wish they would just take us and end this agony :( Does anyone know when and if we can call to find out our rank within the alternate list? Also usually how many people get off the alternate list?

I think we probably get our rank in two weeks, after the deadline stated on the email. According to last year's thread, there were 200 people on alternate list, and they got down 20-30 down it. Doesn't look that good right now.

Uegis said:
I think we probably get our rank in two weeks, after the deadline stated on the email. According to last year's thread, there were 200 people on alternate list, and they got down 20-30 down it. Doesn't look that good right now.

yeah I looked up that thread too. Hopefully we're one of the 20-30 people. They have way too many people on their alternate list. I wonder if everyone who was on hold got placed on the alternate list.

Hello fellow classmates! I got a fantastic call today!!!!!
For those interested, I interviewed back in Oct, on hold end of Jan, accepted today!!! :wow:
Super good luck to those still waiting.

Did anyone get a confirmation email after saying they want to stay on the alternate list? I feel uneasy thinking that they might not have received it. In any case, everyone have a fantastic three day weekend.

Uegis said:
Did anyone get a confirmation email after saying they want to stay on the alternate list? I feel uneasy thinking that they might not have received it. In any case, everyone have a fantastic three day weekend.

yeah I sent them an email too but I didn't hear back from them. I called today too but no one picked up. I will try again on monday. it would be nice if we got a confirmation.

DoctorMalki said:
yeah I sent them an email too but I didn't hear back from them. I called today too but no one picked up. I will try again on monday. it would be nice if we got a confirmation.

Memorial Day on monday =). Terri is going to be out until the 6th. Alternate contact is Frances. I guess I'll call on Tuesday too, just to be sure.

How's everyone doing? I'm thinking that since it has been two weeks since the alternates email was sent, we should be able to find out our relative rank next week when Terri comes back. There was some movement on the UCI and UCSD waitlists last week, so hopefully someone accepted at Davis got an offer from either school and chose them instead. Back to waiting...

there are spots left....I just gave mine up. Its a friggin great school and I hope one of you gets the spot.

iamoptimusprime said:
there are spots left....I just gave mine up. Its a friggin great school and I hope one of you gets the spot.

Thanks! Not like I will get it for sure (and after a few disappointments, I am not keeping my hopes too high), but at least improve my chances by a bit. So where are you heading now?

iamoptimusprime said:
You will find me ~45 minutes south/west on 80.

Oh snap. Congrats man. I'm assuming you are talking about UCSF. If you can get to Parnassus in 45 minutes from Davis, you must be going pretty fast! I use to live 6 blocks away from UCSF. Great neighborhood, but too pricey to live now. Well, that's the case for any part of SF. Good luck there!

I interviewed late February, was placed on hold, and then on the alternate list. I called Terri yesterday, and she told me that the waitlist was not yet ranked and to call back next week to find out my position. But today Terri called me to offer me a position in the class. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

WillyWonkerer said:
I interviewed late February, was placed on hold, and then on the alternate list. I called Terri yesterday, and she told me that the waitlist was not yet ranked and to call back next week to find out my position. But today Terri called me to offer me a position in the class. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

Congratulations!!

How are my fellow waitlisters doing? Anyone gonna call tomorrow to find out their rank on the list? They finished ranking their list this week right ?

DoctorMalki said:
Congratulations!!

How are my fellow waitlisters doing? Anyone gonna call tomorrow to find out their rank on the list? They finished ranking their list this week right ?

Hey DoctorMalki! Thought this thread was dying. I've been doing okay. Just quit my job and trying to relax before school starts. So are you heading for Wake now? I saw that you got off the waitlist there. Congrats!

I'm definitely going to call and see where I stand with Davis tomorrow. But seriously, reading this thread, I am genuinely happy for all those who got in, but it also stings a bit when it's not me. Here's hoping that there will be many more acceptances on this thread.

Uegis said:
Hey DoctorMalki! Thought this thread was dying. I've been doing okay. Just quit my job and trying to relax before school starts. So are you heading for Wake now? I saw that you got off the waitlist there. Congrats!

I'm definitely going to call and see where I stand with Davis tomorrow. But seriously, reading this thread, I am genuinely happy for all those who got in, but it also stings a bit when it's not me. Here's hoping that there will be many more acceptances on this thread.

Hey Uegis, yeah I am heading to wake as of now unless Davis or san diego accepts me. I really liked wake so I was thrilled when I got in but I still would prefer to be in california and I really fell in love with davis and that is my top choice. I'll call tomorrow too! Good Luck !! I hope we are both on the top half of the top third on the list:) :luck: :luck: :luck:

DoctorMalki said:
Hey Uegis, yeah I am heading to wake as of now unless Davis or san diego accepts me. I really liked wake so I was thrilled when I got in but I still would prefer to be in california and I really fell in love with davis and that is my top choice. I'll call tomorrow too! Good Luck !! I hope we are both on the top half of the top third on the list:) :luck: :luck: :luck:

I hope we are both at the top too! I'm waiting on SD and davis too, but Davis is tops on my list.

Did anyone call to see if ranking are available yet? I can't call until 3 o'clock :(

Uegis said:
I hope we are both at the top too! I'm waiting on SD and davis too, but Davis is tops on my list.

Did anyone call to see if ranking are available yet? I can't call until 3 o'clock :(

I am too scared to call lol

DoctorMalki said:
I am too scared to call lol

Haha, I'm nervous too. I'm just waiting to call and get some type of closure to this. You interviewed even before I did, so this has been over 7 months for you! I just want to know where I stand right now and plan accordingly. 2.5 more hours before I call. Getting nervous.

I called just now.
Apparently the waitlist is only divided into 2 halves.
I'm in the bottom half, so I guess I'll stop hoping for Davis.... :(

tic112 said:
I called just now.
Apparently the waitlist is only divided into 2 halves.
I'm in the bottom half, so I guess I'll stop hoping for Davis.... :(

I just called and I am on the bottom half of the list too :( :thumbdown: Terri says chances don't look good for the bottom half.

DoctorMalki said:
I just called and I am on the bottom half of the list too :( :thumbdown: Terri says chances don't look good for the bottom half.

Did she say how many is on the list? I'm stuck in lab all day and have no time to call. Guess I will find out tomorrow.

she said there were about a 100 people on the waitlist. When u call tomorrow can u please ask her if there is any way to move up on the list? or is this a fixed list? Thanks

DoctorMalki said:
she said there were about a 100 people on the waitlist. When u call tomorrow can u please ask her if there is any way to move up on the list? or is this a fixed list? Thanks

Wow, the waitlist is much smaller than last year. I will help you ask DoctorMalki. Don't give up hope yet. When does Wake start? Hopefully, late so you have more time to spend on waitlist.

Uegis said:
Wow, the waitlist is much smaller than last year. I will help you ask DoctorMalki. Don't give up hope yet. When does Wake start? Hopefully, late so you have more time to spend on waitlist.

no unfortunately it start july 25th. So I don't have much time. But I am looking forward to wake too. I am really excited I am going to medical school. I would have preferred to go to UC Davis but I really like wake too. All I know is everything happens for the best so I am taking this whole situation in a very positive way :) Good luck tomorrow :)

DoctorMalki said:
no unfortunately it start july 25th. So I don't have much time. But I am looking forward to wake too. I am really excited I am going to medical school. I would have preferred to go to UC Davis but I really like wake too. All I know is everything happens for the best so I am taking this whole situation in a very positive way :) Good luck tomorrow :)

That's great! I wished I went to my Wake interview, but I was too cheap to go and I was already in at a few schools I liked. Einstein starts on August 15th, so I have a bit more time than you do. I was thinking that if BU accepts me off the waitlist (you're on that one too right?), I might consider taking it to give myself a better shot on the waitlist since BU starts in September. Of course, this is all contingent on where on the list I am and whether or not the BU list is going to move, haha.

Uegis said:
That's great! I wished I went to my Wake interview, but I was too cheap to go and I was already in at a few schools I liked. Einstein starts on August 15th, so I have a bit more time than you do. I was thinking that if BU accepts me off the waitlist (you're on that one too right?), I might consider taking it to give myself a better shot on the waitlist since BU starts in September. Of course, this is all contingent on where on the list I am and whether or not the BU list is going to move, haha.

lol I know what you mean. It's funny we are on the same three waitlists, davis, sd and bu. I liked BU too but I don't know if I would pick it over wake. Since I don't really have a shot at the davis waitlist I dunno if its really worth waiting.

I got a call from Terri today! I'm so excited! Wanted to let you guys know of movement this week off the alternate list! I had been living in UC alternate list limbo and didn't know where I stood but I called last week about my status/placement on the list (top half). Got the call this morning. Don't give up hope!

Hey everyone. There is movement on the alternates list. I got in today!!! I'm super excited right now and still in disbelief. So for those still waiting, good luck! Hope you hear good news soon too!!

Uegis said:
Hey everyone. There is movement on the alternates list. I got in today!!! I'm super excited right now and still in disbelief. So for those still waiting, good luck! Hope you hear good news soon too!!

UEGIS, where are you giving up a spot or is this your first acceptance?

Good luck and congrats!