Davis/USC Secondary Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

macaddict78

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me secondary questions for the USC and the UC Davis application?

Members don't see this ad.

the only question on both is: would you eat a poop hot-dog to get into your top choice...hence the reason for that post...the question is tougher than it seems because during the interview they make you hold yourself to your word....

Haybrant said:
the only question on both is: would you eat a poop hot-dog to get into your top choice...hence the reason for that post...the question is tougher than it seems because during the interview they make you hold yourself to your word....

Thanks for the sophomoric humor.....it brought a tear to my eye.

Members don't see this ad :)
Davis's adcom members can burn in hell.

USC has standard questions like.. like 5 i think. Pretty much tell us about a research experiecne, tell us about a volunteer/leadership experience, why USC, what do you bring to the class?

1. Please briefly explain your interest in the Keck School of Medicine

2. Briefly describe any unique qualities and ablilites you possess which would contribute to:
- (A) the educational environment
- (B) the diversity of the entering class
3. Please provide a summary of your most relevant leadership experiences.
Briefly describe your most relevant extra-curricular activities (volunteer, research, serving disadvantaged or underserved populations, etc?) related to your interest in medicine.

And here's why Peterock hates the Davis adcom:

The School of Medicine seeks individuals whose future contributions to a career in medicine cannot be determined solely by grades and test scores. Your responses to the following questions will aid the Admissions Committee in identifying the kinds of experiences an applicant has had which reflect the qualities needed to contribute to the health care needs of this state and throughout the country.

Part One:
1. Describe a difficult situation you have had to overcome in your life or during your college academic experience. How do you feel this will prepare you for a career in medicine?

2. If the practice of medicine ceased to exist - there were no physicians, what would you do instead, and why?

3. Every applicant reflects a variety of backgrounds and strengths. The Admissions Committee assesses the applicant's contributions to their class, the medical school and the potential of an applicant to contribute to society. Please describe to the Admissions Committee what you have to offer in this regard.

Part Two:
1. Clinical Involvement (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)
2. Community Service (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)
3. Research (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)
4. Leadership (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)
5. Organized Extracurricular Activities (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)
6. Work Experience (mark total cumulative hours spent in the last 4 years)

For each: (that's six essays, buddy)
Pick one item you selected above and describe in the space below what you did and how it will make you a better physician.
Limit your response to 1500 characters. (Carriage returns count as 2 characters.)

actually davis helped set up my copy and paste machine at home :smuggrin:

Pinkertinkle said:
And here's why Peterock hates the Davis adcom:

Nope, not why at all - never applied. I live on the opposite coast, I'd never apply to Davis - I did apply to USC last year, first school to reject me, but no hard feelings. Although I love secondaries like this b/c it really emphasizes how active I was outside of premed nerdom (translation: I explored other ares of nerdom). I think when you have a lot of diverse life experience, secondaries are fun/easy.

I guess... you... know.... how.... that.... is..... :smuggrin:

derf said:
actually davis helped set up my copy and paste machine at home :smuggrin:

I know what you mean. It pretty much covered every question that could possibly be asked, there are always a few exceptions but it definately helped me out a lot in completing the rest of my secondaries.