day 14 return to stock -- pardon my ignorance :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khydroxide

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At CVS we had to return anything to stock after 14 days. Being the ignorant fool that i am i just did as i was told assuming it was just company policy. Is it a legal issue or an insurance issue ? I have several items here that have been sitting around for greater than a month. I would like to reverse them and put them back on the shelf but is that a red flag for insurances ? Is there any risk at all if i reverse it ?

I spoke to several help desk reps in the past when attempting a rebill and most say within 90 days is fine so i think reversing within a 90 day window should be fine but please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Letting things sit for longer than two weeks, you run the risk of going afoul of insurance companies. Letting it stay billed for a month without the patient actually receiving it can get you in trouble with the insurance. Back out any old claims asap if not picked up.

Reactions: 1 user
You are contractually obligated to reverse claims for prescriptions that aren't picked up. I would reverse them immediately.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The waiting bin in most stores would overflow if you let them sit that long. Then it would be too late to return the expensive drugs that never get dispensed. Plus it would take all day to return a months worth of scripts.

The waiting bin in most stores would overflow if you let them sit that long. Then it would be too late to return the expensive drugs that never get dispensed. Plus it would take all day to return a months worth of scripts.

There's a store in my company that was known for never returning meds. Floaters would talk about finding 6+ month old scripts still hanging. Corporate finally caught on and emailed the district showing how many 14+ day old scripts were currently hanging at each location. Most had a handful....this store had 200+, no joke.

There's a store in my company that was known for never returning meds. Floaters would talk about finding 6+ month old scripts still hanging. Corporate finally caught on and emailed the district showing how many 14+ day old scripts were currently hanging at each location. Most had a handful....this store had 200+, no joke.

I always hated when compounds like sodium bicarb/omeprazole susp, specialty and C2s were never picked up.

At CVS we had to return anything to stock after 14 days. Being the ignorant fool that i am i just did as i was told assuming it was just company policy. Is it a legal issue or an insurance issue ? I have several items here that have been sitting around for greater than a month. I would like to reverse them and put them back on the shelf but is that a red flag for insurances ? Is there any risk at all if i reverse it ?

I spoke to several help desk reps in the past when attempting a rebill and most say within 90 days is fine so i think reversing within a 90 day window should be fine but please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks.

What?? Having something billed through insurance sitting in the bin isNOT good. Insurance will think claim is pending upon patient pick up. You need to reverse if patient not going to pick up.