USMLE Day 2 postponed over tech glitch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted699098

All three of us taking Step 3 day 2 today (10/3) were sent home without even starting because the testing center had a technical issue with starting the test.
Any thoughts on how to make the most of this indefinite wait period? I am legit concerned about starting to forget stuff.
I plan on doing maybe 5 or so CCS cases every morning, and a block of 30 Qs a day to keep the juices going.

Thoughts?

Update 10/7:
despite being told in the email I received from Prometric on 10/3 "Prometric will reach out to you again within the next 5 to 7 business days," I called today. I was told that I had to contact [email protected] to obtain a one day eligibility code.
I called NBME and of course nobody had the slightest day about what had happened. I was told I will receive a reschedule eligibly code within 3 business days.

Update 10/8: rescheduled for 10/14, same location.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a shame! sorry that happened to you. maybe you'll get lucky and not have to take the second part. I read on here a while back something similar happening to due COVID cancellations. they just offered him/her a score (passing) from the first day.

and yea i'd just keep doing cases and questions. Keep everything fresh. hope it all works out!