Day Before Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notsowisetooth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I really not do anything related to the DAT before the actual test day as Kaplan so wisely suggests?

Members don't see this ad.

Should I really not do anything related to the DAT before the actual test day as Kaplan so wisely suggests?

yes. do nothing. If you choose to review. do so lightly and very little. dont drain your brain but keep it at its peak.

excercise and get them endorphins runnin

If you really want to do something, I would suggest you go back and look over reactions/formulas that you want to make sure you know.

I'm a procrastinator.. I went over all the sciences questions on Topscores/achievers.. looked over trig identities.. redid One achiever PAT section.. the day before. If u feel like u're ready.. then relax.. i didn't feel like i was ready lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly recommend you going out and doing something fun or work out. I played basketball all day long with my friends. It helped me forget about my test, release the stress, and clear my head for the actual exam.

I had a hard time with this advice, I spent a good portion of the day studying. I think not studying would have stressed me out more cause I would just think about what I could be reviewing. But thats just me.

Unless you're really cramming and it's unavoidable at this point, I would say relax. Don't look at anything. I think it's safe to say that by the day before, you sure as hell need a break from studying :), and it's likely that you won't retain that much more in anyway (unless you're cramming, like I said). If you've balanced out the studying, take the break. It will clear your head and prepare you for the next day.

That being said, I remember when I took the SAT I had a tutor for the english section and I was told to do just what I said (nothing the day before), but to do just a few, maybe 3-5, practice problems the morning of the test. If your test is later on, I guess just wait until a few hours before it starts, but the point is to get you in the right mindset of figuring out those problems without actually putting any stress on you yet. I thought it was a good method.